This southern twist on a classic Baked Chicken Parmesan will soon become your family's favorite dinner! Chicken breasts are coated in a crispy Parmesan crust and finished with an easy 2-ingredient gravy for a simple, cozy, and satisfying supper with just 10 minutes of prep!
Y'all...I'm so excited about this easy Chicken Parm recipe! It's the perfect combination of the Italian-seasoned, breaded chicken that you know and love...with a creamy gravy instead of a tomato-based sauce.
Such a delicious and family-friendly meal!
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN BAKED CHICKEN PARMESAN
You only need 10 minutes to prep this meal for the oven, and I bet that you already have the ingredients in your kitchen!
First, combine "Italian Style" seasoned breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
In a separate bowl, melt 1 stick of butter.
Dip a boneless, skinless chicken breast in the butter...
and coat with the breadcrumb mixture.
Place the breaded chicken in a large baking dish, and repeat with the remaining meat. Bake the chicken for about 40-45 minutes in a 350-degree F oven.
Meanwhile, it's time to make your sauce...and it starts with the fanciest Southern ingredients (hah!):
A can of condensed cream of chicken soup and milk!
Whisk together the milk and the condensed soup for a simple chicken gravy!
When the meat is just about cooked through and the crust is golden brown, pull the chicken out of the oven.
Pour the sauce over top, and then return the dish to the oven for about 10-15 more minutes (or until the gravy is hot and bubbly and the chicken is cooked through).
The end result is seriously THE BEST Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe EVER!
The chicken is coated in this delicious, crispy Parmesan crust, which is perfectly contrasted with the smooth, creamy sauce.
Who needs a traditional Italian Chicken Parmesan recipe when you can enjoy this Southern version instead?!
I say, try both! When you're in the mood for the classic tomato-based version, make my Healthy Dump-and-Bake Chicken Parmesan. But when you need a little creamy, cozy, down-home comfort food? Well, this Southern Baked Chicken Parmesan is just the ticket!
If you’ve tried this Baked Chicken Parmesan or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can follow me on Facebook, on Instagram, on Pinterest, and on Twitter!
Southern Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1 cup seasoned “Italian Style” breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2.5 lbs. total)
- 1 (10. 5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, NOT diluted (I use Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1 ¼ cups milk I used 1% milk, but any type will work
- Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley or basil
- For serving: pasta, biscuits, rice or bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and garlic powder.
- Melt butter in a separate bowl.
- One at a time, dip a chicken breast in the butter and then dredge the chicken breast in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until chicken is almost cooked through and crust is golden brown.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour sauce over chicken. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 more minutes, or until sauce is warm and bubbly.