The kids and I love to have a good smoothie as a snack or with our breakfast during the hot summer months. This particular drink was inspired by the Chocolate Banana Smoothies that I used to order at Starbucks…back when they sold smoothies. I was sorry to see those go!
These Skinny Chocolate Banana Power Smoothies are healthy, low-cal, and packed with energy-providing protein, fruit, and coffee. In my mind, chocolate is the perfect way to start my day!
If you’re pregnant (like me), or sharing these with kids (like me), then you might opt for some decaf coffee – no need to send everyone bouncing off the walls! They will still give you plenty of power…I promise!
Skinny Chocolate Banana Power Smoothies
- 1 frozen banana I like to slice my over-ripe bananas, place them in a Ziploc bag, and then freeze them until I need them in a smoothie
- ¼ cup room-temperature or cold coffee
- ¼ cup milk I used unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup Greek-style vanilla yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately.