You asked for it, so here it is: a healthy, dump-and-bake dinner with zero points! This easy Salsa Chicken requires just one dish and about 10 minutes of prep for a nutritious and family-friendly dinner!
I’m not exaggerating when I say that every.single.day. I receive emails from lovely readers with almost identical pleas for help.
You’re looking for:
- New, healthy dinner ideas that the whole family can enjoy — not just the person on a “diet;”
- Quick recipes that come together easily at the end of a busy day;
- Affordable options that won’t blow your grocery budget.
And you know what? This Salsa Chicken checks ALL of the boxes!
I’ve never done Weight Watchers, and I don’t know much about how the system works, but I do know that a lot of my readers are finding success with the program.
You’re always looking for new ways to incorporate nutritious low-points dinners into your weekly meal plan, and I’m excited to help you out!
I’ve been preparing a version of this Salsa Chicken for my own family for years, so when I realized that the few ingredients required to make it were all ZERO POINTS on the flexible Weight Watchers list, I knew that I had to share it with you. Whether you’re on Weight Watchers or not, I know that you’re going to love this meal.
It’s approved by me, my husband, and our 3 kiddos!
While my Dump-and-Bake Salsa Chicken is obviously a nutritious, low-calorie dish, it’s definitely not lacking in flavor!
Best of all, the prep (which only takes minutes) is as easy as 1-2-3. Here’s how it goes:
In the end, you’ll have zesty, flavorful, tender, and juicy meat that serves as the base for a variety of easy dinners.
Here’s how we like to use our Dump-and-Bake Salsa Chicken:
- In soft tacos! Stuff the chicken, salsa, corn, and beans into warm tortillas. Top with shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, sour cream, green onions, olives, guacamole, or any of your other favorite toppings.
- In burrito bowls! Fill a bowl with rice (or cauliflower rice) and top it with the salsa chicken. Add shredded cheddar cheese, lettuce, sour cream, green onions, olives, guacamole, or any of your other favorite fixin’s.
- In quesadillas! Slice (or shred) the chicken and stuff it inside quesadillas. Use the corn and bean salsa as a delicious topping just before serving.
- On taco salad! Keep it really light and enjoy the salsa chicken over a bed of crispy romaine. Add toppings if you like, but it’s certainly not necessary!
I hope that your family loves this meal as much as we do, and that it makes your healthy lifestyle just a wee bit easier!
ZERO POINT DUMP-AND-BAKE SALSA CHICKEN
Dump-and-Bake Salsa Chicken
- 1 14.4 ounce bag frozen corn kernels (about 3 cups)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic I like to use a squeeze bottle of fresh minced garlic from the produce section for a shortcut
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a large (9 x 13-inch) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In the prepared dish, stir together frozen corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, ½ cup of salsa, garlic, and cumin.
- Place chicken on top of corn mixture. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour remaining ½ cup of salsa over chicken.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F. The total length of cooking time will vary depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken from dish and slice (or shred with two forks). Return to dish, stir to combine, and serve.