This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Breyers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Indulge in summer’s fresh bounty with a simple and easy dessert: Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream!
Oh my goodness, I was so excited when I returned from vacation last weekend, headed straight to the farmer’s market to restock my bare kitchen, and realized that Virginia’s peaches are finally ripe! It’s one of the best times of the year for our local produce, so I quickly snapped the photo above (with permission from the farmer!), and scooped up 3 quarts of the sweet and juicy fruit.
Obviously, we’ve been enjoying peaches in EVERYTHING over the past few days! And is there anything better than cold, creamy ice cream on a warm summer evening? Pair the fresh summer stone fruit with some rich vanilla ice cream and you have one very happy lady here!
Breyers Natural Vanilla Ice Cream has always been one of my favorite treats to serve my family because all Breyers vanilla is real and from sustainably farmed, Rainforest Alliance Certified™ vanilla beans. Breyers only sources milk and cream from cows not treated with artificial growth hormones*, and the ingredient list is very short, simple and recognizable!
Made with fresh cream, milk and sugar, it’s no wonder that Breyers Natural Vanilla is America’s Number 1 vanilla ice cream!
Breyers is celebrating its 150th birthday and has partnered with celebrity chef Curtis Stone and his wife, actress Lindsay Price Stone, to create 12 recipes featuring Breyers Natural Vanilla, inspired by every month of the year, to give families a way to celebrate birthdays and special occasions with Breyers all year long.
Chef Stone’s recipe for the month of July is this incredibly delicious combination of Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream. It looks and sounds fancy, but it’s super easy…making it an ideal option for summer entertaining!
This rustic and beautiful summer dessert is a treat that your family and friends will love. The soft, warm peaches pair perfectly with the cool and creamy ice cream…and don’t forget to spoon some of that warm, thick, peachy syrup from the pan over your bowl. It’s absolute HEAVEN!
[Tweet “Celebrate #summer with Roasted White #Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream! #Breyers150”]
Roasted White Peaches with Honeycomb and Vanilla Ice Cream
- • 1 cup sugar divided
- • 1 lemon zested
- • 4 ripe but firm white peaches halved, pitted
- • Nonstick cooking spray
- • 1/3 cup honey
- • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- • 4 cups Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tbs. sugar and lemon zest for about 1 minute, or until sugar is fragrant and moist. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour 2/3 cup water into dish. Sprinkle lemon sugar mixture over peaches and roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peaches are slightly softened and have released their juices.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a small baking sheet with nonstick spray. In a medium heavy saucepan over high heat, bring remaining sugar, honey, and 2 tbs. water to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook, without stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until a candy thermometer reaches 305°F. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda just until blended and mixture begins to bubble. Gently pour hot mixture onto prepared baking sheet and cool. Break honeycomb into small pieces and reserve in an airtight container.
- Spoon 1/2 cup Breyers® Natural Vanilla Ice Cream into each of 8 bowls. Top with warm roasted peaches and warm juices. Sprinkle with honeycomb pieces and serve immediately.
*Suppliers of other ingredients such as cookies, candies & sauces may not be able to make this pledge. The FDA states that no significant difference has been shown between dairy derived from rBST-treated and non-rBST treated cows.