A chewy, thin, and rich chocolate brownie studded with chunks of peppermint bark! These Peppermint Bark Fudge Chewies are a quick, easy, and delicious addition to your Christmas cookie platters and holiday dessert trays.
It’s no secret that I love the combination of chocolate and peppermint. At the beginning of November, my mom and I were texting back and forth as soon as we each found the Candy Cane Hershey Kisses in our local stores, I shared these little treats on my most recent Stuff We Love column, and I’ve been buying Peppermint Mochas at Starbucks ever since the red cups made their annual appearance! So with all of that said, it’s probably no surprise that I love these cookies/brownies/chewies…whatever you want to call them!
[Tweet “Love peppermint and chocolate? Then you HAVE to try these Peppermint Bark Fudge Chewies! #Christmas #cookies”]
And you know what else I love? Easy recipes. As we’ve established by now, my life is busy. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy homemade treats for the holidays! I just take short-cuts as often as possible (see Exhibit A here and Exhibit B here!). And since these fudge chewies start with a box of brownie mix from the grocery store, they have earned a spot on my baking list this season too!
Their name pretty much says it all…these cookies are really more like thin brownies with a crispy edge and a soft, chewy center. Chunks of peppermint bark on top and throughout the batter add just the right amount of texture and Christmas spirit! They are pretty to look at, and even prettier to taste.
I shared most of my first batch with my BFF and her family so that we wouldn’t consume the entire batch in a two-day period. But with the stockpile of peppermint bark that I have tucked away in my cabinets, you better believe that I’ll be making more throughout the coming weeks. I hope that you get to try them as well!
Peppermint Bark Fudge Chewies
- 1 18.3 ounce package brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups finely chopped peppermint bark divided (I used 1 (10 ounce) bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together brownie mix, flour, melted butter, and eggs until just combined (about 30 seconds). Fold in 1 cup of the chopped peppermint bark.
- Drop batter by generous tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Press ½ teaspoon of the remaining peppermint bark onto each dollop of batter.
- Bake until cookies are firm around edges but still soft in the center, about 10-12 minutes. Be sure not to over bake them or they won't be soft and chewy when they cool! In fact, I actually like mine slightly under-baked. 🙂
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm, or allow to cool for 20 minutes before storing in an airtight container.
Looking for other delicious holiday treats? Check out these favorites: