Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
For a casual weekend breakfast, a prep-ahead weekday meal, or a fancy holiday brunch, this Overnight Egg Bake With Biscuits And Ham is a 10-minute crowd-pleaser! Just toss together the ingredients the night before, leave it to sit in the refrigerator, and bake the breakfast casserole in the morning. There’s no hassle, no stress, and no last-minute rush to get a comforting and satisfying dish on the table fast!
Here in Virginia, it wouldn’t be a holiday brunch without ham and biscuits. They’re seriously the perfect combo!
But sometimes I want to serve a dish that’s more filling, satisfying, and exciting than just biscuits with ham…and that’s where this egg bake comes in!
This Overnight Egg Bake Is Packed With Flavor!
By adding plenty of shredded cheddar cheese, fresh scallions, and diced pimientos, it’s an Egg Bake with plenty of decadent flavor. The biscuits soak up all of the rich custard overnight, creating a fluffy, savory bread pudding when you pull it out of the oven. It’s like a strata with Southern charm!
While this egg bake only requires a few minutes of hands-on time, it’s a breakfast casserole that will impress your guests and will take the pressure off of entertaining. Just brew a pot of coffee, serve some fresh fruit on the side, and your job is done!
Spoil your family and friends this season with a special brunch that will make your loved ones smile! This easy Overnight Southern Biscuit, Ham and Egg Bake is a perfect solution for Easter, for baby showers, for bridal showers, and for cozy Sunday mornings at home. With just 10 minutes of prep, it’s the ultimate breakfast WIN!
If you’ve tried this Overnight Egg Bake With Biscuits And Ham or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Overnight Southern Biscuit, Ham and Egg Bake
- 10.6 ounces about 2 cups diced ham
- 8 biscuits cooked, cooled, and cubed (about 8 cups total)*
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions
- 1 jar 4 ounces diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together ham, cubed biscuits, cheese, scallions, pimientos, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, nutmeg, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the biscuit mixture. Use your hands or a spoon to gently combine the biscuits with the eggs to make sure that everything is nicely coated. You want the biscuits to absorb the liquid.
- Cover casserole and refrigerate for at least one hour (or up to overnight).
- Before baking, allow the casserole to sit on the counter and come to room temperature for about 20 minutes while you preheat the oven.
- If the casserole has been sitting overnight, I like to give everything a gentle stir in the dish to make sure that all of the biscuits are coated with the egg mixture before it goes in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45-50 minutes (until eggs are set and top is golden brown). Garnish with fresh herbs just before serving.
Cooking for a smaller crowd? You can easily cut this recipe in half and bake it in an 8-inch square pan.