Did you see my post earlier this week about our blueberry picking outing and our Blueberry Streusel Bars? As I mentioned, we eat a lot of blueberries at this time of year!
And when we're not using them in dessert bars, we love to enjoy them at our morning meal. This Overnight Blueberry French Toast Cobbler is the ultimate summer breakfast! It's easy to prep, tastes AMAZING, and it looks impressive. It's perfect for serving to overnight guests, for spoiling your family on a Sunday morning, or even for a weeknight dinner (put it together in the morning and then just pop it in the oven when you want to eat).
A photo just doesn't do this dish justice. Let me explain exactly what is going on...
The fresh blueberries bake on the bottom of the pan to create a warm, chunky blueberry syrup (just like in a cobbler dessert). The French Toast on top is coated with a streusel topping that becomes crispy and buttery when baked. It really just doesn't get any better!
And you know me...any recipe that I can prepare in advance, that requires just a few ingredients, and that makes me look like a hero, is an absolute winner in my book. I hope that you'll give it a try!
Oh, and if it's not blueberry season, don't despair! Frozen blueberries work just fine too!
Overnight Blueberry French Toast Cobbler
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 1-inch slices French bread
- 4 cups blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a 9x13-inch dish, whisk together eggs, half & half, and vanilla.
- Add bread slices, turning to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray a separate 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place blueberries in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Lay soaked bread slices on top of the berries.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mix together sugar, butter, and cinnamon until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of bread.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown.
Looking for other delicious brunch recipes that take advantage of fresh berries? Try these favorites:
Lemon Strawberry Shortcake