A moist, brightly-flavored orange cake is topped with a light and fluffy pineapple frosting in this cool and refreshing Orange Pineapple Fluff Cake. Since the recipe starts with a cake mix, it’s an easy and delicious complement to the warm, sunny days of the season…making it perfect for every cookout, picnic, or party on your calendar!
Aren’t dessert recipes always the stars of the show at a potluck party? No matter how many hotdogs or hamburgers you throw on the grill, the guests will always remember the sweets! That’s why this easy cake recipe is perfect for all of your festive get-togethers this season. It doesn’t take long to prepare, but it leaves a lasting impression!
In fact, this cake leaves SUCH a long lasting impression that I’m finally getting around to sharing it on the blog after first sampling the dessert about 3 years ago. That’s right — for 3 years I have held onto this recipe, made it, enjoyed it, devoured it over and over again, and intended to blog about it. It’s not the kind of treat that is easily forgotten!
The recipe comes from my friend Jackie, who loves to bake and often brings over trays of her famous chocolate chip cookies or fudge for our family. On one occasion she shared a few slices of her orange pineapple cake, and let me tell you: it disappeared quickly! I obviously asked her for the recipe and I’m sharing it with you today!
My one addition to Jackie’s original recipe is this orange essential oil**. It’s not a necessary component (the cake still tastes amazing without it), but it definitely adds to the orange flavor of the cake and highlights the citrus notes.
I called this recipe Orange Pineapple Fluff Cake because the flavors and ingredients remind me so much of the delicious components in my Orange Pineapple Fluff Salad. That recipe has been on the blog for ages (and the photos show it!), but it continues to be one of my most popular posts to date!
Please treat yourself and your friends to this simple and delicious dessert. I promise, they will NOT forget it!
[Tweet “Orange Pineapple Fluff #Cake is moist, delicious, and easy! #dessert”]
Orange Pineapple Fluff Cake
Yield 1 cake
- 1 (16.5 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 5 drops Young Living orange essential oil (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges in syrup, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (or 2 8-ounce containers)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix (just the dry mix…do not prepare the pudding)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, eggs, and oils on low speed for about 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Add mandarin oranges (with their syrup) and mix on low speed for about 30 seconds, or until completely combined.
- Bake cake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- In a separate large bowl, gently fold together whipped topping, pudding mix, and crushed pineapple. Spread “frosting” on cooled cake.
- Refrigerate until ready to slice and serve!
Interested in buying Essential Oils? I have a great FAQ page here that will answer your questions and give you all of the info that you need to order your own set!
I’ve teamed up with some of my blogging buddies again this month to share some awesome orange recipes. Check out these other great ideas!
**Note: Not all essential oils are edible. Due to lack of purity, 98% of essential oils sold should NOT be ingested. An edible essential oil will be labeled “therapeutic-grade” and have a “Supplement Facts” box on the label showing the nutritional value – do NOT use just any brand of essential oil for cooking/flavoring foods. Be sure to use pure oils from reliable sources, not synthetic scents or flavorings.
Looking for other delicious and easy cake recipes? Try these favorites: