Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Breakfast? Brunch? Snack? Dessert? Who cares?! No matter when you choose to enjoy them, Mom’s Shortcut Blueberry Muffin Bars are sure to become a fast family favorite! These sweet treats with a buttery crust, a fresh fruit filling, and a streusel crumb topping come together in just a matter of minutes thanks to help from a box of blueberry muffin mix!
You guys!! Mother’s Day is almost here! Are you ready? Have you planned a delicious brunch menu to spoil the special lady in your life? Take it from this mom — a little sweet treat and some help in the kitchen goes a long way towards making us feel loved! But don’t worry — if you’re scrambling at the last minute to pull together something simple and fast that also tastes impressive, then you have come to the right place!
In fact, this entire brunch comes together with just a few of my favorite springtime kitchen staples! Alongside your fresh berries, and Horizon Dairy’s Organic Eggs,
you can treat Mom to one of these amazing Shortcut Blueberry Muffin Bars, which are made with a box of blueberry muffin mix, some wholegrain oats, fresh blueberries, and Horizon Dairy’s Organic Butter (the best!!).
Pour Mom a cold glass of Horizon Dairy’s Organic Milk or a strong cup of coffee and you’ve got a simple, fresh, and EASY brunch that will make her feel like a Queen!
These Blueberry Muffin Bars Are Next Level!
This is one of those great old-school recipes that my own mom recently uncovered when she was sorting through old recipe files. My folks are in the process of moving out of my childhood home, so there have been A LOT of old gems uncovered during this clean-out phase.
My mom has always been a PRO when it comes to preparing delicious homemade goodies that come together quickly and easily, yet taste like she spent hours in the kitchen. She’s a master at doctoring up a box of brownie mix, and she has taken the classic blueberry muffin mix to the NEXT LEVEL with these special bars!
With Mother’s Day on the horizon and fresh berries in season, I can’t think of a more appropriate way to celebrate YOUR mom than with my Mom’s recipe for Shortcut Blueberry Muffin Bars. It’s a treasured treat that my own children have come to adore! In fact, when they smell these baking, they automatically know what’s for breakfast in the morning (and for snack that day…and for dessert that night…you get the idea)!
Enjoy, my friends!
If you’ve tried these Blueberry Muffins Bars or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Mom's Shortcut Blueberry Muffin Bars
- 1 16.9 ounce box organic Wild Blueberry muffin mix*
- 1 cup oats**
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar can substitute with brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons 3/4 stick Horizon Dairy Organic Salted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 9 ounce jar (about 14 tablespoons) all-fruit blueberry jam or preserves***
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190C). Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Rinse blueberries in a colander and set aside to drain.
- In a large bowl combine dry muffin mix, oats, and brown sugar. Use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Set aside 1 ½ cups of the crumb mixture.
- Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to form the crust.
- In a small bowl, gently combine drained blueberries, additional fresh berries, and jam. Spoon over the crust and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over top and gently press down.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
- *Any brand will work – just make sure that it includes a can of wild blueberries in the box.
- **I use Old-Fashioned rolled oats because that’s what I keep in my pantry, but quick-cooking oats would also be fine.
- ***If you can’t find blueberry jam, you can also substitute with blackberry jam or preserves.
If you’re looking for even more delicious ways to enjoy Horizon’s products, be sure to follow the brand on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, and on Pinterest. Plus, sign up for Horizon’s Newsletter so that you can stay up-to-date on all of the latest information, ideas, and inspiration!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.