Cheesy roasted potatoes, pimentos, and a crunchy crumb topping make Mom's Cottage Potatoes a simple and classic Southern side dish!
Hi, friends! Today's recipe is such a great way to serve potatoes to a crowd! It's easy to toss together, only requires a few simple ingredients, and is the perfect companion for a Honey Baked Ham, some grilled steak, or just a basic roasted chicken.
As I've mentioned on here before, my mom recently shared a huge stack of her old recipe cards with me. It's been really fun to sift through them and find some childhood favorites, as well as some other delicious options that I didn't even remember her serving. These potatoes fall into the latter category! I can't say that I have vivid memories of eating these potatoes in my mom's kitchen, but as soon as I saw her notes I KNEW that I needed to make them myself. Toss potatoes with some butter and cheese, top them with some crunchy crumbs, and it's an automatic hit, right?! As far as I'm concerned, the best part of this whole recipe is the fact that you DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PEEL THE POTATOES. Because really, who has the time or patience for that?!
The full recipe makes A LOT of potatoes, so if you're not serving a large group, I suggest that you cut it in half and just use an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking dish. Enjoy, friends!
[Tweet "Mom's Cottage Potatoes are an easy, cheesy side dish! #recipe"]
Mom's Cottage Potatoes
- 5 lbs. unpeeled russet potatoes approximately 8 potatoes, boiled just until fork tender and diced cold
- 1 7 ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 16 ounces diced American cheese such as Velveeta
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup Cornflakes cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked and diced potatoes, pimentos, parsley, and cheese. Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Pour melted butter and milk over potato mixture. Sprinkle top with Cornflakes, gently crushing cereal with your hand slightly as you sprinkle them over top.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes.
Looking for other delicious side dishes? Try these: