These White Chocolate Rice Krispie Pops are fun and festive Holiday Treats for the Classroom! They're allergy-friendly, mess-free, and ready in just minutes, making them the perfect Christmas party food for kids!
Starting as early as preschool, it seems like there is constantly an occasion to bring kid-friendly foods to the classroom. Since we have to be careful about nuts around allergic classmates, it can sometimes be difficult to come up with new and interesting ideas that are also easy to prepare...and that the kids will actually eat!
[Tweet "Holiday Treats for the Classroom: White Chocolate Rice Krispie Pops! #nobake #Christmas #recipe"]
I was originally going to make these pops using granola bars, but I couldn't find any bars that were thick enough to accommodate the popsicle stick without completely falling apart. So when I spotted a box of packaged Rice Krispie Treats at the store, I knew that they would be ideal. I don't have to bake anything, they're sturdy, and they're just the right size!
Once you unwrap the bars, the rest is easy! These no-bake pops are 100% customizable, too. You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, butterscotch chips, whatever! Plus, you can always swap out the sprinkles and decorations to use other colors for other holidays and seasons. This will be an idea that I return to again and again.
I prefer to use a small knife to spread the melted chocolate on one side of the pops. If you would rather coat the entire Rice Krispie Treat in chocolate, that works just as well (see the photo below)! The coated pops won't stick to the parchment paper on your tray, and they lift up easily once the chocolate hardens. It's just a lot of sugar for the little kids' bodies, so beware...the teachers at school might not thank you if you go this route!
White Chocolate Rice Krispie Pops
- 2 6.2 ounce boxes Rice Krispie treats (a total of 16 bars)
- 16 popsicle sticks
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles and decorating supplies of your choice
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap each of the Rice Krispie bars and gently slide a popsicle stick into the center of each one.
- Place bars on prepared baking sheet.
- Put all of the white chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for an additional 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until the chocolate has just melted (careful not to burn it!).
- To coat the entire bar, just dip the pop into the bowl of white chocolate. Alternatively, use the back of a spoon or a knife to spread the melted chocolate onto the top of each bar.
- Place bars back on parchment paper and decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate is firm.