Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
A delicious and healthy spring breakfast doesn’t get any easier than these creamy make-ahead High Protein Carrot Cake Overnight Oats! Thanks to plump raisins, shredded coconut, and warm spices, you’ll think that you’re indulging in dessert…but with plenty of fiber and protein, the clean eating breakfast will keep you full and energized all morning long!
So Easter may officially be over, but that doesn’t mean that we can’t enjoy our favorite spring flavors anymore! If you’re feeling a bit of a Cadbury Creme Egg hangover right about now, then this is JUST the breakfast for you! It’s easy, you can prep it the night before, and it’s full of nourishing fruits, veggies, whole grain, and PROTEIN to keep you full, satisfied, and feeling your best!
It seems like it’s been awhile since I shared an overnight oats recipe. I’ve been making these for years (ever since the original Banana Nut version), but they seem to be more common in my kitchen during the warmer months. After all, they’re a nice cool, creamy alternative to a traditional bowl of hot oats — making them ideal for the sunny days to come!
Enjoy These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats Minus The Guilt!
This version of overnight oats is one of my favorites because it’s SO full of flavor and texture. I always add protein to my oats for staying power, but that doesn’t mean that I want to sacrifice any indulgent taste.
That’s why I’ve borrowed all of the best parts of a thick slice of Carrot Cake and crammed them into one jar…minus the GUILT! Because you should be able to enjoy “cake” for breakfast without worrying about the impending bathing suit season!
And just look at how creamy the overnight oats become after they sit in the refrigerator for a few hours!!! It’s amazing that you don’t even have to cook them!
Like I said, they are the perfect way to take you out of that post-Easter chocolate coma and get you back on track. Enjoy, friends!
Looking for other delicious healthy breakfast options? Try these favorites:
If you’ve tried these Carrot Cake Overnight Oats or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
High Protein Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded carrot
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- ½ cup carrot juice; can also substitute with milk or non-dairy milk of choice, it just won’t have as much “carrot” flavor
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Optional: 1 tablespoon sweetener maple syrup, honey, stevia, sugar, or other sweetener of your choice
- In a large jar (or a small bowl), stir together all of the ingredients. Taste it at this point and see whether or not you want to make it sweeter by adding the optional tablespoon of maple syrup or other sweetener of choice.
- This will depend on your tastebuds, but also on the type of protein powder you use (since some powders are much sweeter than others).
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for a few hours) so that the oats soften and absorb the liquid.
- Just before serving, stir in some milk to thin if desired. Garnish with optional toppings. Enjoy!