Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
A Halloween party isn’t just for kids! Celebrate the season with your friends by serving a festive Halloween cocktail. This delicious and easy “Hallowine” Sangria is the perfect addition to any grown-up gathering this season!
Halloween is definitely Keith’s favorite holiday! This year we decided to host an adult Halloween party, complete with festive food and drinks, to help our friends get in the spirit too!
Why this Sangria is perfect for your Halloween party:
- The cocktail is full of blood-red wine and orange-and-black fruit to really set the stage!
- You can jazz up the glasses with orange and black straws to match your holiday decor.
- It’s an easy make-ahead option that you can stir together in advance — and have ready for your guests as soon as they arrive!
HOSTESS TIPS AND VARIATIONS:
- Don’t forget to allow plenty of time for the beverage to chill before your party (it’s a great prep-ahead solution)!
- Wait to stir in the club soda, fruit, and ice just before serving. You don’t want the ice to water down the sangria in advance.
- While I love how “spooky” the red wine looks, you can also make this sangria with white wine. Just make sure that you use orange and black fruit for that fun Halloween theme!
- I showed Casillero del Diablo wine here because it has a “spooky” name; however, you can use any red wine that you prefer.
Looking for even more festive food for your Halloween party? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Chili
- Halloween Yogurt Cups
- 4-Ingredient Monster Green Smoothies
- Jack-O-Lantern Mac and Cheese Cups
It’s high time that parents get to enjoy the fun of Halloween as well! Treat yourself and your friends to a glass of Hallowine Sangria after an evening of trick-or-treating with the kids. This is one holiday activity that is sure to get you in the spirit!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 bottles cabernet sauvignon (750 milliliters each) (or other red wine of choice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 24 ounces club soda, chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, plus additional for garnish
- Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar mixture, red wine, orange juice, and liqueur in a large container; cover and chill 4 hours. Stir in club soda, oranges, and blackberries just before serving. Serve over ice.
- Don't forget to allow plenty of time for the beverage to chill before your party (it's a great prep-ahead solution)!
- Wait to stir in the club soda, fruit, and ice just before serving. You don't want the ice to water down the sangria in advance.
- While I love how "spooky" the red wine looks, you can also make this sangria with white wine. Just make sure that you use orange and black fruit for that fun Halloween theme!