This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Thanks for supporting the brands that make The Seasoned Mom possible!
It’s Back-to-School time, which means I’m stocking my freezer with kid-friendly breakfast options to make early mornings easier! These Graham Cracker Blender Mini Muffins are simple, delicious, and 100% kid-approved. Bonus? There’s minimal clean-up involved!
Muffins are a staple in our breakfast routine. My kids LOVE them! I also appreciate the fact that I can stash a batch of mini muffins in the freezer and just defrost them one (or six) at a time when the kids need a quick meal. Paired with a glass of milk and some fruit, this is a perfectly-sized treat that the little ones devour!
Have you seen those milkshakes that are all the rage right now? The “pie” and “cake” flavored shakes that include a full-sized slice of dessert blended right into the mix? That’s what inspired this recipe idea, but I scaled it back (just slightly) in the calorie count!
Since my boys adore graham crackers, I thought that it would be fun to bake them into my favorite basic muffin batter. It worked beautifully! Thanks to the blender method, you don’t get chunks of graham cracker when you take a bite. Instead, just tender, moist, fluffy little graham cracker-tasting-muffins. Basically, KID HEAVEN.
I used one of my very favorite pantry staples, Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk, as the liquid in this batter. It offers the perfect extra hint of vanilla flavoring, minus the calories and added sugar of other flavored beverages.
Trust me when I say this recipe is easy…my 4-year-old was in charge!
My one main tip is to be careful with just how much you blend this batter. If you want to get beautiful, puffy little muffin top pillows, be sure that you don’t overmix. Too much blending results in a tough, dense baked good…which is not good.
My three boys lingered while I snapped a few photos of these treats, and then gobbled them up by the handful as an afternoon snack on the front porch.
They are certainly “toddler approved,” and here’s the proof:
[Tweet “Graham Cracker Blender Mini #Muffins are an easy, kid-friendly #breakfast option! @almondbreeze #ad”]
Graham Cracker Blender Mini Muffins
- 8 full graham cracker sheets (16 squares)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup Almond Breeze® Vanilla Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a miniature muffin tin (or a standard-size muffin tin) with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place egg, melted butter, and almondmilk in a large blender. Puree until smooth.
- Break graham crackers into pieces and place in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to the blender. Pulse a few times, just until all ingredients are combined. Be careful not to overmix or you will end up with tough muffins.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes for miniature muffins (or about 15-20 minutes for larger muffins), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Looking for even more easy, kid-friendly breakfast options? Try these favorites: