With only about 15 minutes of prep, this Easy Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu will be ready and waiting for you in your refrigerator — no baking necessary! Full of delicious flavors from cake, coffee, chocolate, and fresh raspberries, these individually-sized desserts are the perfect way to spoil your loved ones on Valentine’s Day.
Can you believe that Valentine’s Day is less than a month away?! So let’s just pause for a moment, take a break from all of the healthy-eating January resolution recipes, and enjoy a sweet little treat…
I obviously love coffee, and cake is my favorite “food group.” That’s why it should come as no surprise that tiramisu is basically my idea of dessert heaven. That said, I have never been interested in making it for myself because it just seemed too time-consuming and labor-intensive. Until now!
I decided that in honor of Valentine’s Day, it was high time I come up with my own tiramisu recipe so that I could combine some of my favorite indulgent flavors in one dish. After all, this holiday that is focused on sweets and sweethearts seems like the perfect excuse to enjoy a special treat!
But since my life these days doesn’t allow for fancy, fussy recipes, I instead created this short-cut version of a tiramisu, making the traditional Italian dessert accessible to all of us — even the busiest home cooks who might not know their way around the kitchen! After all, there’s not even any baking involved in this recipe. If you can brew a cup of coffee, you can make this dessert!!! Plus, it has to be prepared in advance so that the flavors have time to come together in your refrigerator. That means that there’s no last-minute stress or racing around the kitchen, trying to avoid a burned cake!
Note: I used small jelly-size mason jars for this recipe; however, you can use any size dish that you prefer — individual ramekins will work well, or you can just make one large dessert in a small baking dish or loaf pan. Whatever you prefer! Just cut your pound cake to fit the shape of your chosen pan (or jars!).
Easy Chocolate Raspberry Tiramisu
- 1 10.75 ounce frozen pound cake, thawed
- ¾ cup strong brewed coffee at room temperature
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 3 containers 6 ounces each fresh raspberries
- 1 container frozen whipped topping such as Cool Whip, thawed
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Slice pound cake in half length-wise (horizontally). Cut each piece in half again lengthwise, so that you have 4 long, thin pieces of pound cake.
- Cut pound cake to fit each of 6 serving dishes. I used jelly-size mason jars for serving, so my 2 ½-inch round biscuit cutter was the perfect size to cut the round pound cake shapes.
- Layer half of the ladyfingers at the bottom of 6 individual mason jars or ramekins.
- Drizzle approximately 1 tablespoon of coffee over the pound cake. Next, drizzle with chocolate syrup. Gently spread raspberry jam over pound cake and top with a layer of raspberries.
- In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to beat ricotta, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Gently whisk in the whipped topping.
- Spoon half of the ricotta mixture over the raspberries.
- Repeat layers, ending with another layer of ricotta mixture on top.
- Cover and chill for at least 2-3 hours. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.