Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This 5-Ingredient Amish Easy Baked Spaghetti is an easy dinner recipe that your entire family will love! The one-dish meal comes together quickly on busy nights for simple, cozy comfort food!
Happy Friday, friends! And happy first-day-of-September! What better way to welcome the first month of Fall than with a warm, hearty baked spaghetti casserole?
When we were at the Vineyard last summer with my parents, my dad and I made our annual visit to one of our very favorite spots on the island: a tiny little used bookstore tucked away in a neighborhood outside of Oak Bluffs. My parents have visited Book Den East for as long as I can remember (probably my entire life!), but it’s only within the past few years that I’ve discovered the magic of the stuffy old shop for myself.
I love the local literature that offers a taste of island culture and history, as well as the odd cookbooks that I would never otherwise encounter.
On our most recent visit, I picked up an Amish church cookbook that has served as great inspiration in my own kitchen. There’s just something about the simple, wholesome recipes that fit perfectly with my style of cooking and my family’s tastebuds. This Easy Baked Spaghetti is no exception!
What Are Amish Recipes?
Amish recipes are old and simple recipes made with few ingredients but are hearty, filling and substantial. They are often easy to preserve and easy to prepare making them the perfect recipe for our busy lifestyles today. They’re also both economical and easy to make so on busy weeknights, recipes like these are my go to!
Easy Baked Spaghetti
I’ve seriously never met a child who doesn’t love spaghetti, so naturally the Easy Baked Spaghetti recipe instantly jumped out at me when I was flipping through the pages of the used cookbook. Yes…even in the heat and humidity of July, my mind was drawn to this cool-weather comfort food that I knew my boys would enjoy!
Making Baked Spaghetti Easy
While the original Amish recipe for Baked Spaghetti includes many more ingredients (and a few extra steps), I took that inspiration and tailored it to my busy lifestyle. I’ve created a new recipe that utilizes just 5 simple pantry staples that I almost always have on hand, so that we can enjoy a classic family-friendly dinner on even our busiest weeknights.
Best of all, there’s no last-minute fussing over the stove (or boiling water) when I have tired and hungry kids that demand my attention. Instead, I can prepare this casserole in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to bake it. Prefer to stash it in your freezer for a later date? You can do that too (and the instructions are below)!
Ways To Adapt This Easy Baked Spaghetti;
- Try adding sausage (hot, regular or a mix of both)
- Add bacon or pancetta
- Mushrooms would be a great addition
- Any leftover veg such as bell peppers
- Add your favorite herbs and spices such as red pepper flakes, basil, oregano
- Top with any good melting cheese such as cheddar or mozzarella
If you’ve tried this Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
5-Ingredient Amish Baked Spaghetti
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used about ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper)
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- ½ cup grated cheese I used a blend of Italian cheeses, but just mozzarella cheese or just cheddar cheese would work too
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray and set aside. A deep 11 x 7-inch dish works well, but you can also use a 9 x 13-inch dish.
- Heat about 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee onion until just tender (about 3-5 minutes). Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain fat from the skillet. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and stir in marinara sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add cooked pasta to the meat sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25-30 minutes.