You only need 4 ingredients, one dish, and about 10 minutes to prepare a delicious seafood supper! This Baked Fish with Tomato and Basil Sauce is a healthy dinner that’s full of nutritious, clean eating ingredients for an easy and low calorie weeknight meal!
Hey, guys! I’ve got a great family-friendly dinner for you today…and it’s about as easy as it gets!
We love seafood, but sometimes my go-to salmon or shrimp just seems boring. In order to mix it up a bit I like to occasionally add some white fish into our meal plan. I’ve found some great frozen cod fillets at Costco recently, which makes it much easier to keep the lean protein on hand. After all, when you live in the middle of rural Virginia, it’s not so easy to get fresh, high-quality seafood at the last minute!
A good piece of cod or halibut is so mild and tender that even non-seafood lovers will typically enjoy it (I’m talking to YOU, kiddos!). If I pair the fish with a tomato and basil sauce and serve it over pasta, my little guys are sure to devour this healthy dinner. Plus, it’s fresh, it’s easy, and it’s FAST — making this dish a winner all-around! And if regular pasta isn’t your “thing,” this meal is also great served with some crusty bread to soak up the sauce, or paired with zucchini noodles (“zoodles”) for a light, low-carb option. Make it your own, and enjoy!
[Tweet “A #healthy #dinner is served! Just 4 ingredients, 10 minutes and 1 dish! #seafood #FitFluential”]
4-Ingredient Baked Fish with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ lbs. cod or halibut fillets
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup packed, chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pat fillets dry and place fish in dish (skin-side down, if there is skin on them). Pour tomatoes into dish and spread around the fish. Sprinkle with half of the basil and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Season entire dish with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, until fish is opaque and cooked through (about 15 minutes).
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and serve immediately.
This fish pairs perfectly with some crusty bread for dipping in the sauce, or with pasta or rice.
Looking for more easy seafood dinners? Try these favorites: