Summer brings with it long days of outdoor activities, social events, and playtime with friends. That’s why I’m excited to share this easy 4-ingredient Poolside Dip, plus a few other Healthy Snacks for Kids. These simple and nutritious treats will fuel your family through all of the summertime parties, sports, and play dates on your calendar!
After a few summers spent poolside with little ones, I’ve become pretty darn good at packing a cooler or putting together a tray full of kid-friendly, snackable treats that are made with wholesome ingredients, taste great, and don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen.
If you’re hosting a pool party or other fun gathering this summer, you MUST include one of our newest favorites: this Poolside Dip. It’s like a light, fluffy Orange Creamsicle that’s just perfect for pairing with fruit or graham crackers.
Best of all, this fruit dip requires only four ingredients and it can be stirred together in about 5 minutes. No last minute fussing and no slaving over a hot stove on a beautiful summer day!
And while this Poolside Dip is definitely a sweet treat, it’s also full of protein (thanks to Greek yogurt) and Vitamin C (thanks to plenty of orange juice). It’s a great way to encourage your kids to try a variety of fruits.
If you’re looking for even more healthy summer snacks for kids, here are some other great options that come together quickly:
- Hummus + Pretzels or Crackers for dipping.
- Frozen PB-Banana Sandwiches. Just slice a banana horizontally. Spread peanut butter in between banana rounds and form sandwiches. Freeze on a baking sheet until ready to serve.
- Frozen Yogurt Pops. You can get my easy 3-ingredient recipe for Strawberry-Banana Frozen Greek Yogurt Pops HERE, or come up with your own flavor combinations!
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits. These are great to serve in a jar when you want a cool treat on-the-go! I just layer yogurt and fresh fruit in a cup, bowl, or jar and top with granola. We love my Overnight Strawberry Quinoa Parfaits and my Apple Crisp Parfaits.
- Ants on a Log. A classic that shouldn’t be overlooked! Fill celery sticks with peanut butter or almond butter and top with raisins.
- Snack Mix that Won’t Melt! Try a combination of your favorite whole grain cereal, nuts, raisins or Craisins, small pretzels, and (for a treat) a few M&M’s candies.
- Grape and Cheese Kabobs. I like to use plastic drink stirrers to make fruit kabobs for my kids. They’re small and they’re not too sharp. Grapes and cheese are a delicious and filling combination!
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Pinwheels. Spread a wholegrain tortilla with a layer of peanut butter and a layer of all-fruit jam. Roll it up tightly, slice it into rounds horizontally, and serve!
- Mini Muffins. These poppable goodies are great snack options and can be made with whole wheat flour, fruit, and very little sweetener. They’re portable and can be made in advance. Some of our favorites include THESE Honey Peach Toddler Muffins and THESE Skinny Strawberry White Chocolate Muffins.
- Granola Bars/Energy Bites. Whether you slice them into bars or roll them into balls, it seems like these nutritious, no-bake treats are everywhere at the moment…and I know why! They’re easy, delicious, and packed full of good-for-you ingredients. Plus, they’re great in the summer when you don’t want to turn on your oven! We love THESE Healthy No-Bake Crispy Granola Bars.
- Cinnamon Raisin Graham Sandwiches. Stir together ricotta cheese, a pinch of salt, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Spread the cheese mixture onto a graham cracker; sprinkle with raisins; top with an additional graham cracker to make a sandwich.
- Individual Frozen Fruit Salads. If you’re looking for another fun way to get some fruit into your kids’ bodies, then these are the answer! They look pretty served on a party buffet, they are a cold, refreshing snack option, and they also make a nice side dish for a fancy brunch. You can see my easy Individual Frozen Fruit Salads HERE.
And don’t forget about the true star of the show…this sweet and creamy Poolside Dip!
[Tweet “Check out this easy 4-Ingredient Poolside Fruit #Dip + Other #Healthy #Snacks for Kids! #recipe”]
Yield 4 .5 cups
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- For serving: strawberries, pineapple, grapes, mango spears, apple slices, or other fruit of choice
- Whisk together orange juice and pudding mix for approximately 30 seconds – 1 minute, or until it starts to thicken and become smooth. Whisk in yogurt.
- Gently fold in whipped topping. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with a variety of your favorite fresh fruit.
This post was originally created for my friends at Namco Pools. Find out more HERE!
Looking for other delicious summer treats for your next pool party? Try these favorites: