Hi, friends! I have another fun (and very easy) way to get your kids excited about the upcoming holiday. This Ice Cream Cone Cornucopia Snack looks festive, and it comes together in no time. Plus, you can customize the "recipe" to suit your kids’ tastes!
To make the cornucopia, I just used regular sugar cones from the ice cream section at my grocery store. Get the pointy ends wet and then microwave them for a few seconds. The warm, damp cone will bend easily and eventually harden into the shape of a real cornucopia. Easy, right? These would be a fun dessert display at a kids’ Thanksgiving table, but they also make for a delicious little snack on any afternoon.
We filled ours with a homemade trail mix that consisted of dried cranberries, Honey Nut Cheerios, almonds, and roasted marshmallows. Best of all, the children can help make the mix that they put into their cones. Customize it based on your family’s favorites – you can use candy corn or candy pumpkins for an added fall twist, omit nuts if you have very small children, or try different kinds of cereals, pretzels, or even Goldfish. The possibilities are endless!
Enjoy! And here’s the “recipe” in case you want some exact instructions!
Ice Cream Cone Cornucopia Snack
- 6 ice cream sugar cones
- ¼ cup miniature marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons toasted salted almonds
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries
- ¼ cup Honey Nut Cheerios
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- Dip the end of an ice cream cone into a glass of warm water for 20 seconds. Immediately microwave the ice cream cone for 15-20 seconds. While still warm, bend the tip of the ice cream cone into the shape of a cornucopia basket.
- Repeat with remaining cones.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining ingredients to create a trail mix. Fill each “cornucopia” basket with trail mix and serve.
Looking for other Thanksgiving fun? Stay tuned all week, and check out these previous posts: