Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Hoisin Pork Loin is an affordable, healthy, and easy dinner that only requires 10 minutes of prep. It’s the perfect quick-fix meal to shake up your weeknight routine!
It’s so easy to get stuck in a dinnertime rut. Not that there’s anything wrong with repeatedly making your family’s favorite meals, but I often hear that you’re bored with the basics and ready for a change. However, just because you want to try something new doesn’t mean that you’re ready to tackle something difficult.
Kids Love This Hoisin Pork
For the first few years of Gibbs’s life, we referred to all pork dishes as “chicken.” Not because we were trying to lie to our child, but because he assumed that the meat on his plate was chicken, he referred to it as chicken, and we just never bothered to officially correct him!?
That’s why pork is such a great alternative when you’re looking to serve something other than the same old chicken recipe. When it’s cooked properly, pork is mild, juicy, and tender — just like chicken! Your picky toddler will probably not even notice the difference, and you can wait until he’s 5, 6, or 7 years old to enlighten him…
In addition to pork loin, one of the boys’ other favorite foods has always been barbecue. The combination of the sweet sauce and the melt-in-your-mouth meat makes the dinner palatable for even the youngest eaters.
The hoisin glaze is sticky, sweet and delicious. You could also it on pork chops, chicken, beef and even salmon. It’s so versatile and is sure to add a flavor bomb to your weeknight dinners.
Hoisin Pork – Here’s What You Need
- Pork Loin
- Hoisin Sauce
- Sweet Onion
- Lime Juice
- Rice Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
Either way, I know that when I am craving Asian food but I also want the kids to actually EAT their dinner, I turn to hoisin sauce and pork loin for the perfect combination of East-meets-West!
It’s barbecue with an Asian twist, and it’s a simple, quick-prep meal that will get your family out of the dinnertime rut. Serve it with rice and veggies on the side for a nutritious, delicious, and simple family-friendly option on a busy night!
More Pork Recipes You Might Like;
- One Dish Garlic And Herb Pork Tenderloin
- 4-Ingredient Pork Loin Roast
- 5-Ingredient Pan Fried Pork Chops
- Mustard and Brown Sugar Baked Pork Tenderloin
Hoisin-Glazed Pork Loin
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, honey, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Place sliced onion in a single layer in bottom of prepared dish.
- Season pork with salt and pepper on all sides, and then place on top of onion in the dish.
- Brush half of the hoisin glaze over the pork.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, brush with remaining glaze, and put under the broiler for about 5 minutes (or until a crispy crust forms on top), and pork reaches an internal temperature of 140-150 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow pork to rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.