How about an easy dinner for your busy weeknights?! There's no need to boil pasta, chop veggies, or cook any meat for this 10-minute Dump-and-Bake Sloppy Joe Casserole! Just stir together all of the raw ingredients, pop it in the oven, and you'll have a simple, one dish meal that brings the family together around the table!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
I've seriously never met a child who doesn't love a Sloppy Joe! The hearty, sweet and tangy sauce is a throwback to my childhood! Both my mom and my grandmother served us Sloppy Joe sandwiches when we were little, and they have now become a staple in my own house as well.
But guess what?! I figured out a way to make the classic Sloppy Joe even easier. I bet you didn't think that was possible!
By using Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce as the base, I created a dump-and-bake casserole with meatballs, pasta, and cheese for the ultimate no-prep dinner! It's tasty, it's kid-friendly, and it's perfect for those evenings when you don't have the time, energy, or desire to cook an elaborate dinner.
Since Manwich doesn't contain any meat, it's a surprisingly versatile sauce that's perfect for sandwiches, pastas, and more. Whether you create the original sandwich that's best enjoyed with both hands, or a unique twist like this fork-friendly Sloppy Joe Casserole, you can be sure that the quality ingredients will make your children smile.
The tasty flavors will bring the attention back to mealtime and away from everyday distractions, texting, or video games. Doesn't that sound good?!
I used the Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce for this recipe, but you can also try the Manwich Bold or the Manwich Thick & Chunky versions. Choose your family's favorite, since any variety will work well here. In addition to the sauce, you will just need a box of uncooked rotini pasta, shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, fully-cooked meatballs, and water.
Sloppy Joe Casserole | 2-Minute Video
How To Make This Sloppy Joe Casserole
In the baking dish or in a separate bowl, stir together the sauce, meatballs, and uncooked pasta.
Have your 7-year-old son add the water,
and let the 3-year-old mix until it's all combined! I'm telling you -- this Sloppy Joe Casserole is so easy that a preschooler can make it!
Once the raw ingredients are in the baking dish, just cover tightly with foil and bake it in the oven for about 35 minutes. The pasta will cook and absorb most of the liquid, leaving a thick, rich sauce at the end.
The cheese goes on top of the casserole during the final 5 minutes of baking, just until it's melted. Then garnish with any of your family's favorite toppings!
Extra Tip: Cooking for a Smaller Family? You can easily cut the ingredients in half and prepare the meal in an 8-inch square baking dish.
More Sloppy Joe Recipes To Try:
- Slow Cooker Italian Sloppy Joes
- Crock Pot Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 5-Ingredient Sloppy Joe Casserole (with biscuits)
- Homemade Sloppy Joes
Dump-and-Bake Sloppy Joe Casserole
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 16 ounces fully-cooked miniature bite-size meatballs (if using frozen meatballs, make sure that they are completely thawed before using)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional Garnish: sliced tomatoes, sliced olives, diced avocado, sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), stir together uncooked pasta, Sloppy Joe Sauce, water, and meatballs. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top and bake uncovered for 5-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
- Garnish with optional toppings just before serving.