Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
You only need 5 minutes and 5 ingredients for this healthy dinner: Dump-and-Bake Honey Mustard Chicken! It’s a clean eating dinner for the whole family!
At a time of year when we’re already feeling stressed by social obligations and holiday to-do lists, the last thing that we need to worry about is what to serve for dinner. This easy 30-minute meal is like a yoga pose for your meal plan: flexible, nourishing, and simple.
Feeding our families does not have to be complicated, difficult, time consuming, or painful. At the end of the day, the goal is to bring everyone together around the table, take a time-out from our chaotic schedules, enjoy some good food, and connect with each other.
Fortunately, this Dump-and-Bake Honey Mustard Chicken only requires 5 minutes of prep and 5 ingredients for a healthy dinner that the entire family can enjoy…making it the perfect example of less is more.
How To Make Honey Mustard Chicken
This is simple, one dish dinner and like I mentioned before it requires only 5 minutes of prep work.
- Curry Powder
- Soy Sauce
Mix all the marinade ingredients together in the baking dish them add the chicken, coat to combine and leave to marinade in the fridge.
For best results, marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours to overnight. You can toss it together before you go to work or the night before and it’ll be ready to cook at dinner time. This will really help the flavors develop and become extra delicious!
You can slice the meat and serve it on sandwiches; you can spoon the chicken and sauce over rice or pasta; or you can just plate the meat with a veggie and soak up the mustard sauce with a crusty hunk of bread. Here are some other side options you could try;
- Mashed or Roast Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Sauerkraut or Cabbage
- Mashed or Baked Sweet Potato
In this season of excess and indulgence, I hope that you will consider the less-is-more approach to not only your cooking, but also to other aspects of your life.
Do what feels good to your body and your mind; choose soothing and calm over stressful and loud; and just be kind to yourself. A wholesome and delicious honey mustard chicken dinner, a warm fire with a mug of tea, and a cozy blanket are really all that we need, right?
Top Tip: If you’re using larger cuts of meat, you will want to sliced the breasts in half so that they cook in a short amount of time OR you can increase the baking time to at least 30-45 minutes.
More Delicious Chicken Dishes You Might Like;
- Southern Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Dump and Bake Chicken and Cornbread Casserole
- Crispy Roast Chicken with Vegetables
- Dump and Bake Chicken Tacos
Dump-and-Bake Honey Mustard Chicken
- In a 11 x 7-inch casserole dish, whisk together honey, mustard, curry powder, and soy sauce. Add chicken to the dish, toss to coat, and cover dish with foil.
- If time allows, marinate in the refrigerator for at least a few hours (or overnight). If you don’t have time to marinate the meat, that’s fine too. It will still taste great!
- Preheat oven to 425F (200C)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees F.* Be sure to spoon plenty of the delicious pan sauce over the chicken before serving!