Just stir together a sweet-and-tangy sauce and pop these 5-Minute Honey French Baked Chicken Breasts in the oven! Your warm, flavorful, and cozy dinner will be ready shortly after — with no extra work necessary!
Can’t we all use a few more easy ideas for baked chicken breasts?! They’re just one of those simple, affordable pantry staples that most of us keep on hand. Such a great freezer staple (especially when you can buy them on sale in bulk)!
This particular recipe for baked chicken breasts is quick and versatile, making it ideal for a busy weeknight supper. You can serve it with rice, a French baguette, biscuits, or egg noodles. Keep it fresh with some steamed broccoli, a light green salad, or some oven-roasted string beans. Honestly, the rich, delicious sauce pairs nicely with just about anything that you can scrounge together from your pantry!
And seriously…it couldn’t be easier!!! With a few basic staples, you can shake together this combination in about 5 minutes (or less).
The sauce keeps well in the refrigerator for up to a week, so you can even mix it together on the weekend and have it ready to go when you walk in the door at night!
Then it’s just a matter of pouring the sweet-and-tangy goodness over the chicken and sticking it in the oven. That’s all, you guys!
I know that this easy recipe for 5-Minute Honey French Baked Chicken Breasts will soon become a staple in your weeknight arsenal! Enjoy, and let me know if you give it a try!
5-Minute Honey French Baked Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 ½ lbs. total)
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry onion soup mix from a 1 ounce packet
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large, shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place in the prepared baking dish.
- In a large jar with a lid, shake together olive oil, honey, cider vinegar, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, dry soup mix, and salt until completely combined.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 35-40 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Baste with pan sauce just before serving.
Cooking Just for Two? This is an easy recipe to cut in half to serve a smaller family. Just bake two chicken breasts and cut all of the sauce ingredients in half. Bake in a small baking dish that's just large enough to hold both pieces of chicken. Cooking time and instructions remain the same.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can shake together this sauce and keep it in the jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Shake it again to make sure that everything is fully combined before pouring over the chicken.
This recipe is adapted from Mountain Elegance cookbook.
Need some help planning your family’s meals? When you join Simply Mailed, I will send you 3 quick-prep dinner recipes and a grocery shopping list each week (for less than $1 per week!!!). This super-affordable service takes the stress out of dinner, saves you time and money, and brings your family together at the end of the day. There are even options for smaller households of just 1 or 2!