Let's face it: we can all use a little bit of motivation to tackle those nagging items on our to-do list that always seem to get pushed aside. Use this free printable checklist and join me for a 31 Days of Organization challenge, where we'll tackle one small task each day to get our home, work, and life on track this month!
The New Year is a great time to start fresh with a clean and organized home. But if you're like me, you rarely have a chance to devote large chunks of time to actually sorting through your stuff!
As I was recently making myself a list of things that just NEED to get done around the house, I figured that you all might find it useful as well. By spending a few minutes each day to accomplish one specific task, the results at the end of a month will be astounding. It's a great way to get the year started off right -- even for those of us with very busy schedules!
You can download the free PRINTABLE checklist HERE!
Feel free to pin this list to your refrigerator or your desk, pick and choose the tasks that you want to get done, or add in other items that I may have forgotten. Make it your own! Here's my list:
1. Update Calendar (add birthdays, holidays, and important reminders to 2016 desk calendar)
2. Organize Gift Wrap Supplies (I store my rolls of wrap standing up in a tall laundry basket and my bags/ribbon in smaller bins)
3. Sort Kids' (or Pets') Toys: donate old/unused items
4. Organize Files and Stacks of Papers
5. Sort Pens and Pencils (sharpen pencils, throw away pens that no longer work)
6. Organize Desk/Office Supplies
7. Clear Out Email Inbox
8. Organize/Print Photos (phone, computer, and hard copy)
9. Organize Bookshelves/Magazines
10. Clean out Junk Drawer (we all have one!)
11. Organize Toiletries/First Aid Supplies
12. Organize Linen Closet (throw away or repurpose old sheets/towels; refold existing sheets/towels)
13. Organize Tupperware/Storage Containers (match bottoms with lids)
14. Organize Canned Goods
15. Clean Silverware Drawer
16. Organize Serving Utensils/ Kitchen Gadgets
17. Clean out Pantry
18. Clean Dishwasher
19. Clean out Freezer
20. Clean out Refrigerator
21. Write a Meal Plan/Grocery List for the Week
22. Clean and Organize Laundry Room
23. Clean and Organize Coat Closet
24. Sort and Wash Hats, Mittens, Gloves, and Scarves
25. Organize Tops/Sweaters (donate old or unused items)
26. Organize Pants (donate old or unused items)
27. Organize Sock Drawer
28. Organize Underwear/Bra Drawer
29. Organize Shoes
30. Clean Trunk of Car
31. Clean Front of Car (glove compartment, wipe dashboard, clean cup holders)
So there you have it! A month's worth of little projects that all add up to MAJOR changes in your home, work, and life! Let me know if you jump into this little challenge with me!
[Tweet "Grab this FREE #printable checklist and join me in 31 Days of #Organization for the New Year!"]