Family-friendly dinners don’t get much easier than this Dump and Bake Pizza Pasta Casserole! There’s no need to boil the pasta ahead of time, since all of the ingredients cook together in one dish for a hearty, comforting, and FAST weeknight supper!
With the busy, fast-paced lives that we lead right now, dinner together as a family feels even more special and even more important. That’s why I try my best to make it a priority! With my three boys off in different directions during the day, the evening meal is the one time that we all have an opportunity to come together, talk, and enjoy some food.
At the end of the day, I need recipes that are easy, that everyone loves, and that nourish my children…and they get bonus points if the recipes only call for a few simple ingredients!
Last week the boys and I made a quick stop in Kroger to pick up some groceries for dinner that night. Shopping with these two is no cake-walk, so I knew that I needed a meal idea that only required a handful of easy-to-grab ingredients…and then we would be on our way!
Since dinner in my house is an automatic WIN if it involves pasta or pizza, why not combine them all into one amazing dish?!
We’re “Celebrating the Magic in Mealtime” by creating delicious family-friendly dinners that will help busy parents like me get a meal on the table quickly so that there’s more time to focus on the people and the things that we love most! That’s where Ragú® pasta sauces come to the rescue…
Ragú® offers an assortment of delicious flavors to choose from! My favorite is the Old World Style® Traditional sauce, which is made with 100% California grown tomatoes and contains two servings of vegetables in every 1/2 cup of sauce. I can feel good about using this convenient pantry staple as a regular short-cut in my cooking!
My kids (and my husband) loved my Dump-and-Bake Meatball Casserole so much that I’ve continued to make it again and again. It’s too easy not to! For a fun twist, I decided that my pizza-obsessed boys would really fall head-over-heels for this concoction…
And you know what? I was right! As I was snapping some photos of the dish, my little sidekick decided to sneak on over and grab a bite for himself…
Since I sawRagú®-covered fingers quickly destroying my living room, I decided that I should (a) help him taste a bite,
and (b) move him into the kitchen where he could properly enjoy this “snack.”
And YES, he gladly ate it again with his dad and brothers when I served it for dinner a few hours later!
What is dinnertime like in your house? My boys tend to devour their food as quickly as I can get it on the table, but I’ve still learned to appreciate those few minutes of together time — even if they only last about 4.6 seconds!
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked elbow pasta (can substitute with rotini or other similar small pasta)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 (5 ounce) package pepperoni, divided (I like to use turkey pepperoni, but any kind will work!)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend) cheese
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, stir together uncooked pasta, Ragú® sauce, water, and about ¾ of the package of pepperoni. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; stir.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top and place remaining pepperoni slices on top of the cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
- Recipe adapted from Food.com
If you’d like to give the Ragu® sauces a try, be sure to swing by your nearest Kroger on October 16th, 17th, and 18th, where the brand will be participating in an in-store Kroger Discoveries program.
Looking for other easy dinner options? Try these favorites:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragu® . The opinions and text are all mine.