Mark my words: this Chicken Parmesan Bake will soon become one of your family’s favorites! It’s just that good.
We love Italian food in general, so I always know that marinara sauce, basil, and cheese in any combination is bound to be a hit. That said, this recipe takes it over the top with a flavorful crumb topping (made from garlic croutons!), and juicy chicken that has been sautéed in garlic-infused olive oil before baking.
And, just like 90% of my go-to recipes, this meal can be prepared in advance (hello, nap time!) so that in less than 30 minutes you can get dinner on the table when you need it FAST.
We like to serve our chicken with a side of pasta in marinara sauce, but just a good hunk of baguette or garlic bread would work well, too. This is a classic crowd-pleaser that even your pickiest eaters will LOVE!
Chicken Parmesan Bake
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (depending on how large they are)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) package garlic croutons, crushed
- Mix oil and crushed garlic in a large skillet and heat over low heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until fragrant.
- Saute chicken breasts in the oil for approximately 20 minutes, or until cooked through (flipping halfway through cooking).
- Place cooked chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- Cover chicken with marinara sauce, sprinkle with basil, top with half of the mozzarella, half of the Parmesan, and the crushed croutons. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and brown on top and dish is heated through.
Looking for more delicious Italian-inspired cuisine? Try these favorites: