These healthy, high-protein Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad Bowls are loaded with cool and crisp veggies, garnished with bold and crunchy almonds, and smothered in a creamy Almond Sesame Dressing. With so much flavor and texture, this is a 15-minute meal that will fill you up and keep you going through your workouts, summer adventures, and busy workdays!
Goodness! There is so much going on in these amazingly delicious bowls that I just don't even know where to start! We've always heard that "eating the rainbow" is the key to a healthy diet, so I'm pretty sure that I've got you covered with this meal...
At this time of year I totally crave lighter, cooler, fresher foods. I just can't bring myself to turn on the oven every single night to prepare a hot and bubbly casserole, so instead I turn to salads, smoothies, and minimal-prep options that won't weigh me down.
But a skimpy salad with a few pieces of iceberg lettuce is NOT a meal! Instead, I want a substantial combination of healthy ingredients that combines protein, veggies, grains, and healthy fats to keep me full and energized!
The key to quick-fix options that satisfy ALL of my tastebuds is using a variety of ingredients that deliver plenty of BIG flavors...like these Blue Diamond Almonds.
I used the Bold Sriracha flavored almonds for this particular recipe because I love the extra spice; however, plain salted and roasted Blue Diamond Almonds would make a perfect substitute if you prefer something mild.
Almonds Are Great For Energy
I'm not the only one who thinks that almonds are an ideal fuel for intense exercise and a healthy lifestyle! In fact, Blue Diamond Almonds is an official sponsor of USA Swimming, so the nuts are powering plenty of great athletes on their “Lane to Greatness” this season!
And this Almond Sesame Dressing? OH.MY.GOSH. You might just want to eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon! It's the perfect smooth and creamy complement to a big bowl of crisp, cool, and crunchy goodness! These, my friends, are the ultimate Power Bowls!
Making This Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad;
- You can use leftover chicken or buy a rotisserie chicken to speed things up
- Instead of quinoa, brown rice would be a great option to use
- Add any fresh veggies you like
- Add some hot sauce for an extra kick
More Quinoa Recipes You Might Like;
- Dump and bake chicken fajita quinoa
- Marinated shrimp and summer vegetable quinoa bowls
- Orange sesame chicken quinoa
- Slow cooker Italian chicken soup with quinoa
If you’ve tried this Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad or any other recipe on The Seasoned Mom then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest to see what I’m getting up to.
Thai Chicken and Quinoa Salad Bowls
For the Salads:
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup steamed edamame soy beans or peas
- 4 cups coleslaw mix shredded red or green cabbage
- 12 ounces cooked and diced chicken
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond Sriracha almonds
- Lime wedges and/or fresh cilantro for serving
For the Almond Sesame Dressing:
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a blender or jar and shaking/mixing until smooth and completely combined. Set aside until ready to serve the salads.
- To prepare the salads: Divide all of the ingredients on individual plates or in individual bowls. I like to start with a base of coleslaw mix and then add the other toppings. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of Almond Sesame Dressing right before serving.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Blue Diamond Almonds understand what it takes to be the best. That's why we're proud to be an official sponsor of USA Swimming.