Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
Do you need a delicious recipe that’s perfect for a spring gathering? Or perhaps a Mother’s Day treat? I highly encourage you to try these Lemon Coconut Bars!
I served these at my mom’s birthday party last weekend because it just didn’t seem like a May celebration without some lemon bars. This particular recipe includes my favorite shortbread crust, which is then topped with a layer of coconut and dollops of lemon curd. Heavenly spring bliss!
Warning: these babies are rich and sweet, so be sure to cut them into small squares. They’re easier to pop in your mouth that way, too!
**Note: You can substitute the lemon zest with just 1-2 drops of Young Living Essential Oils Lemon Essential Oil.
Interested in buying Essential Oils? I have a great FAQ page here that will answer your questions and give you all the info you need to order your own set!
Lemon Coconut Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil, with ends of foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray.
For the crust:
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and salt until fluffy. Gradually beat in flour. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove the hot crust from the oven and set aside.
For the filling:
- Combine coconut, sugar and flour in large bowl. Stir in egg whites and extract until well combined. Spread coconut mixture over crust. Drop spoonfuls of lemon curd over coconut mixture, spread evenly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until center is almost set and edges are golden brown. Cool completely. Use foil handles to remove dessert from pan before cutting into bars.