Hi! We’re back today with another guest post from my friend and exercise guru, Kendra. In case you missed Kendra’s previous posts, you can find her first workout, “The Living Room Workout” here, and her sample healthy meal plan here.
Just as it’s important to keep our diets varied, it’s also important to keep our workouts changing. Mixing it up will keep our bodies guessing, will challenge different muscles, and will keep us from getting bored.
Today’s post is yet another one of Kendra’s solutions to our busy mom workout conundrum! We can do this routine in the comfort of our own home, while our children nap, with no equipment necessary!
This workout is called the “30-Rep Home Workout” because each exercise is performed 30 times. When you have finished the routine, take a rest if necessary, and then do it all over again!
A few notes about these exercises:
– This workout does not require any weights or other equipment; however, if you want to make it more challenging, hold onto some dumbbells while doing the squats, step-ups, sit-ups, and lunges.
– “Step-ups” can be performed on a stair step, on a sturdy chair, on a coffee table, etc. Pick something that is at a comfortable height for your fitness level.
– Not sure what a “Mountain Climber” is? Check out this video for a quick example.
– The “V Floor Jumps” are performed by starting in the same position as the Mountain Climber, but you jump your feet in and out to the side and then back in.
– “Tricep Push Ups” are also called “tricep dips.” Sit on the ground with your feet in front of you, knees bent, and dip. You can also do these while sitting on a chair.
– If you are new to working out or if you want to make the exercises slightly easier, you use the following modifications:
- Push-ups: rest your knees on the ground
- Plank: start on your knees until your strength increases
Always be sure to rest, as needed. If your heart rate is too high after the cardio bursts, take a minute before going down to do push-ups or subsequent exercises.
Have fun, and please let us know if you have any questions!
Want to see more from Kendra? Let me know! If we beg and plead enough, she might just return with even more healthy advice!
Check out Kendra’s previous posts:
A Healthy Eating Plan to Get You Back on Track