The perfect way to use up leftover turkey or chicken, this Dump-and-Bake Turkey Tetrazzini is an easy dinner casserole with just 10 minutes of prep. You don't even have to boil the pasta -- just stir everything together and pop it in the oven!
Remember that recipe for Garlic and Herb Roast Turkey Breast that I shared last week? Well hopefully you're planning to serve it for your Thanksgiving dinner...and hopefully this Turkey Tetrazzini will be on your table the very next night!
After a busy day in the kitchen full of cooking, baking, and entertaining, the last thing that any of us want to do on the day after Thanksgiving is slave over a hot stove!
That's why you're going to loooooove this dump-and-bake recipe, which works equally well with leftover turkey or chicken. It's a creamy, dreamy one dish meal that only requires a few minutes of effort on your part!
You know I'm a huge fan of dump-and-bake dinners, and I've managed to create about a zillion (small exaggeration) different recipes that all involve the same general method: stirring everything together and baking it in the oven. That's it! As far as I'm concerned, the less prep work involved, the better -- and that's never more true than during the busy holiday season.
This is the time of year when we'd rather be shopping for gifts, socializing with friends, or cozied up on the couch watching a good movie -- not stressing about what's for dinner!
Instead, you can keep these ingredients on hand and serve the Turkey Tetrazzini any time you need any easy, comforting, weeknight dinner. It's just as good on a random Wednesday evening as it is on the Friday after Thanksgiving!
What You'll Need;
- Cooked turkey
- Egg noodles
- Sour cream
- Alfredo sauce
- Gruyere cheese
I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season, and that a simple Dump-and-Bake Turkey Tetrazzini makes mealtime just a little bit quicker and easier!
More leftover turkey recipes that you might enjoy:
- Aunt Bee's Leftover Turkey Casserole
- One Pot Turkey Jambalaya with Shrimp
- Quick and Easy Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup
- 5-Ingredient Dump-and-Bake Turkey Shepherd's Pie
Dump-and-Bake Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 (22 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce (2 ½ cups)
- 3 cups less-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 12 ounces (about 6 cups) uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen diced onion, thawed
- 1 ½ - 2 cups chopped cooked turkey (or sub with cooked chicken)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Swiss or Gruyere cheese (or more, as desired)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425F (220C). Spray your largest baking dish (I used a deep 9 x 13-inch dish) with cooking spray.
- In the prepared dish (or in a separate bowl), whisk together the Alfredo sauce, chicken broth, and sour cream until smooth and completely combined. Stir in the uncooked noodles, onion, turkey, mushrooms, and garlic. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but just about finished cooking). If it’s still too hard, cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
- Sprinkle cheese over top of the casserole and bake, uncovered, for 10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender). Garnish with parsley, if desired.