Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.
This Coconut Smoothie recipe is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk and So Delicious Dairy Free Creamers. The opinions and text are all mine.
Surprise! This thick and creamy Tropical Coconut Smoothie is made with just 3 ingredients, and it’s also dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free! The sweet smoothie is a perfectly refreshing healthy breakfast or light snack on a warm day!
We’ve been blessed with some unseasonably nice weather here in Virginia recently, which means that the daffodils are starting to bloom, the azaleas are a bright, beautiful yellow, and the little green buds are popping on our fruit trees.
This sudden burst of warmth and sunshine has me craving the ocean, the sand, and a warm getaway. Even though my summer vacation is months away, I’m taking that inspiration and turning it into a tropical smoothie that’s so quick and easy that I can pull it off on even my busiest mornings — no travel necessary!
The kids and I have been on a HUGE smoothie kick recently, and I feel like I’ve mastered the art of creating a thick, rich, satisfying shake that tastes like dessert (but is actually loaded with nutritious ingredients).
It’s such an easy way to start the day with plenty of fruit, protein, healthy fats, vitamins, and other nutritious ingredients. Bonus points if I can sneak some spinach into the mix without the boys noticing!
This Tropical Coconut Smoothie Is Thick, Creamy And Delicious!
There are a few tricks to achieving the perfect texture while still keeping the smoothie light. First, I rely on frozen fruit for sweetness and thickness. By using frozen fruit, there’s no need for ice (which can water down the drink), and there’s no need for added sugar!
For this Tropical Smoothie I used a bag of frozen tropical fruit from Target, which is a blend of peach, mango, pineapple, and banana. It’s such an easy way to add nutrients and complex flavor to the beverage without the need for chopping, dicing, or peeling. Just dump the frozen fruit in the blender and off you go!
Trick #2 is my favorite way to add a creamy taste — without any actual cream. The “coconut” in this Coconut Tropical Smoothie comes from So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative and So Delicious Dairy-Free Coconut Milk Original Coffee Creamer (or substitute with regular coconut milk for a lighter option).
This simple, quick, 3-ingredient taste of the tropics is like a warm breeze blowing off of the ocean — fresh, light, and soul-satisfying! As we eagerly watch Spring come into bloom, I can’t think of a better way to embrace the season. It is truly a delicious way to start the day!
More healthy and easy smoothie recipes that you might enjoy:
- Chunky Monkey Protein Smoothie
- Healthy Cake Batter Smoothie
- Apple Pie Protein Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Protein Smoothie
3-Ingredient Coconut Tropical Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen No-Sugar Added Tropical Blend Fruit (I used Market Pantry brand from Target’s frozen section, which is a blend of Mango Chunks, Peach Slices, Pineapple Chunks, and Banana Slices)
- 1 (5.3 ounce) container So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative (I used Unsweetened Vanilla flavor, but any flavor will work)
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer OR regular coconut milk
- Optional: shredded unsweetened coconut (for garnish)
- Place all ingredients (except for shredded coconut garnish) in a high speed blender. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately and garnish with shredded coconut, if desired.