Relax, put your feet up, and soak in the last few weeks of warm, sunny, summer weather with a Piña Colada Protein Shake! One sip of this healthy breakfast or snack will transport you to a breezy tropical island – no plane ticket required!
And while I’d love to be able to serve myself a few scoops of ice cream any time I want a cold, sweet treat, I’m not sure that it would be the best option for my health. Instead, I indulge in a delicious protein smoothie that is full of flavor, has a thick and smooth texture (just like soft-serve ice cream), and is packed with nutrients that my body (and my tastebuds) love!
This Piña Colada Protein Smoothie includes all of the flavors of your favorite frozen cocktail, minus the actual booze (although you could certainly throw in a shot of rum…it’s 5 o’clock somewhere?!). You just can’t go wrong with a creamy pineapple, coconut and rum base that’s finished off with a bright red cherry on top!
You will love this simple breakfast or snack option that comes together in just minutes, making it equally appropriate for both a lazy and hot summer afternoon and a rushed back-to-school morning. Enjoy!!
Piña Colada Protein Shake
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 ½ cups crushed ice
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk of choice)
- ½ cup frozen diced pineapple
- ¼ teaspoon rum extract
- ¼ teaspoon coconut extract
- Optional: whipped topping, and maraschino cherry for serving
- Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth. Top with optional whipped topping and maraschino cherry. Serve immediately.
If you like this smoothie, be sure to check out these other favorites: