4-Ingredient Baked Salmon Recipe
Crisp on the outside and tender and buttery on the inside, this 4-Ingredient Baked Salmon Recipe is the easiest and most delicious way to prepare a healthy dinner!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 (1.75 -2 lb.) salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions; toasted sesame seeds
Place salmon in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish or on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet.
Pat salmon dry with paper towels and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Brush soy sauce all over the fish, and allow to sit and marinate at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Bake salmon, uncovered, for 7 minutes.
While salmon is in the oven, whisk together honey and maple syrup in a small bowl.
After 7 minutes, remove salmon from oven. Baste with honey mixture.
Return salmon to oven and continue baking for 7-9 more minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- After rinsing the salmon fillet make sure to pat it dry with kitchen paper. This stops excess moisture forming in the pan and diluting the flavor it also makes sure the marinade sticks to the fish.
- I like to use a pastry or silicone brush to brush on the soy sauce it makes things super easy!
- The cooking time will depend on the size of your fillet. I used a 1.75-2lb sized fillet and bake it for 14-16 minutes.
- Fish cooks fast so keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn't overcook and dry out. If you are unsure use a meat thermometer, it should read 145F.
- Feel free to add extra herbs or spices to the fish to change things up and make it your own!
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 5.5g | Protein: 26.6g | Fat: 14.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.9g | Cholesterol: 78.2mg | Sodium: 270mg | Sugar: 4.9g