Best Chicken Salad Recipe
Your search for the best chicken salad recipe stops here! This simple, flavorful combination of tender meat, bright green onions, herbs, and seasoning in a creamy mayonnaise dressing is quick and delicious.
Servings 6 people
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken (such as from a rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup finely-chopped green onions (white and green parts)
- 1 cup Duke’s mayonnaise, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
In a large bowl, toss together the shredded chicken and the green onions.
In a separate bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, black pepper, garlic salt, onion powder and tarragon. Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken and stir gently to combine. Gradually add more mayonnaise, if necessary, to reach the desired consistency.
Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors to come together.
- Use a high-quality mayonnaise, since this contributes a lot of flavor to the dish. I prefer Duke's brand.
- Shredded rotisserie chicken adds a lot of great flavor to the salad, and it's a nice shortcut.
- If you're making chicken salad sandwiches, lettuce and/or tomato provide a nice, fresh contrast to the creamy salad.
- Add more mayonnaise, to taste, if you like your salad a bit looser.
- If time allows, let the salad sit in the refrigerator overnight so that the flavors can come together. It's even better the next day!
- Cooking just for two? Cut all of the ingredients in half to prepare a smaller portion. If you'd like to serve a larger crowd, you can easily double or triple all of the ingredients.
Serving: 1/6 of the recipe | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 405mg | Potassium: 321mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 196IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 2mg