Parmesan Crusted Chicken
This dump-and-bake Parmesan Crusted Chicken requires just 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of prep!
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray (I used a 2-quart cast iron pan here, but you can use any dish that holds your chicken).
In a large Ziploc bag or in a large bowl, combine grated cheese and dry salad dressing mix. Add chicken and toss to coat.
Place chicken in prepared dish. Press some extra Parmesan mixture on top of each chicken breast, and then discard any extra. Bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F).
- Total cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken. The type of baking dish that you use can also impact the cooking time (dark, nonstick metal pans or a cast iron pan will cook the meat faster than a ceramic or glass dish, for instance). As a result, a meat thermometer is the best way to know when your chicken is done. The meat is ready when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, if you prefer. The chicken thighs typically cook faster than the chicken breasts, so they will likely be done in about 20-25 minutes.
- Nutrition information provided is an estimate based on about half of the Parmesan breading. The rest gets discarded after preparation.
- How do you tenderize chicken? While it's absolutely not necessary in this recipe, you can certainly tenderize the chicken before preparing, if desired. To do so, slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise so that you have two thin fillets. Then use a meat mallet to tenderize and flatten the meat, breaking up the fibers. If you use this method, the chicken will cook much faster than the recipe indicates (so adjust accordingly).
- Is Parmesan Crusted Chicken healthy? Yes -- this dish is low carb, Keto-friendly, and high protein. Each large chicken breast has about 300 calories, less than 1 gram of carbohydrates, 6 grams of fat, and 57 grams of protein.
- Is this recipe gluten-free? No, some quick research shows that the Italian dressing mix used in the breading does include gluten.
- The leftover chicken will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To reheat the meat, place the chicken on a baking sheet or in a dish and warm in a 325 degree F oven just until the coating is crisp again and the meat is warmed through.
- Can you freeze Parmesan Crusted Chicken? Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken. Wrapped tightly, it will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Serving: 1chicken breast | Calories: 306.3kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.5g | Protein: 57.4g | Fat: 6.6g | Saturated Fat: 3.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Cholesterol: 141.9mg | Sodium: 383.8mg | Potassium: 13.4mg | Sugar: 0.3g