Crustless Quiche with Spinach
A quick Crustless Quiche with Spinach is the perfect easy and healthy breakfast, brunch or lunch!
Servings 4 - 6 people
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk, whole milk, half-and-half, or heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste (I used ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper)
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces diced ham (about ¾ cup); or substitute with about ¾ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.
Layer the spinach, ham and cheese in the bottom of the prepared dish. Pour the egg mixture over all. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until egg mixture is set.
Let stand for at least 10 minutes. Slice into wedges and serve.
- I've used 2% milk in this recipe, but you can also make a crustless quiche with cream, with half-and-half, or with whole milk. Just make sure that you don't use a non-fat milk or milk substitute, because you need the fat in the milk or cream to give the egg custard the best texture and to make the crustless quiche fluffy.
- This quiche includes diced ham, but you can substitute with about ¾ cup of chopped, crumbled bacon. For a vegetarian option, omit the meat altogether.
- How to tell when the quiche is done: The quiche is done when the eggs are set. To test, insert a sharp knife into the center of the quiche. If it comes out clean, your quiche is finished.
- Is crustless quiche healthy? Yes! This dish is packed with protein and antioxidant-rich leafy greens. It's also low calorie, with less than 250 calories in each very large slice!
- Is crustless quiche low-carb and Keto? Each slice of quiche has about 7 grams of carbohydrates and about 5 grams of sugar.
- How long does crustless quiche last? The leftover quiche will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Can I freeze crustless quiche? Yes! After baking, allow the quiche to cool completely. Then wrap tightly and keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- How to reheat crustless quiche: To reheat a frozen baked quiche, do NOT thaw the quiche first. Simply unwrap the frozen quiche and bake it in a 350 degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until warmed through. To reheat a refrigerated quiche, cover loosely with foil and bake in a 325 degree F oven for about 15 minutes.
- Why is my quiche watery? You probably need to continue baking it longer, or you need to squeeze more liquid from the spinach before adding it to the dish.
Serving: 1/4 of the quiche | Calories: 247.4kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.2g | Protein: 20.9g | Fat: 13.7g | Saturated Fat: 6.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4.2g | Cholesterol: 312.6mg | Sodium: 1047.5mg | Potassium: 315.2mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 4.9g