Dump-and-Bake 5-Ingredient Swiss Chicken
These moist oven baked chicken breasts come together in about 5 minutes with just 5 ingredients! You'll love the creamy white wine sauce and the crunchy toasted almonds on this easy Dump-and-Bake Swiss Chicken dinner!
Servings 8 people
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 lbs. total)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, NOT diluted (I used Campbell's Healthy Request)
- ½ cup (about half of a soup can) white wine (or substitute with chicken broth)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken in prepared dish and top each piece of chicken with a slice of Swiss cheese.
In a separate bowl, whisk together condensed soup and wine (or broth). Spoon or pour over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes - 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. During the final 15 minutes of baking, baste with pan sauce and top with slivered almonds. Return to the oven to finish cooking and to allow the almonds to turn a toasted golden brown.
Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the chicken in an 8-inch square dish. The rest of the cooking instructions remain the same.
- Substitute chicken broth for the wine in your sauce.
- Instead of almonds, try topping your chicken with pecans, walnuts or chopped hazelnuts.
- Use Cream of Mushroom soup (or your other favorite flavor) instead of the Cream of Chicken soup.
- For a quick-cooking dish, slice your large chicken breasts in half or purchase smaller 4-ounce chicken breasts. They will cook in about half of the time!
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 365mg | Potassium: 864mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 260IU | Vitamin C: 2.1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 0.9mg