Dump-and-Bake Chicken Tacos
Forget about chicken tacos in the Crock Pot or beef tacos in the skillet! These Dump-and-Bake Chicken Tacos are on the table in less than 20 minutes, making them the easiest and fastest way to serve tacos to your family! They're crispy, creamy, zesty, and 100% kid-approved for quick last-minute dinners!
Servings 10 tacos
- 1 (4.7 ounce) package taco shells (I used Old El Paso Stand n’ Stuff)
- 2 ¼ cups cooked, diced chicken (I used the meat from about half of a large store-bought rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix (12 teaspoons)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans (I used fat free, but any variety will work)
- 1 ¼ cups grated cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: lettuce; salsa; additional sour cream; sliced olives; chopped green onion or fresh cilantro; chopped red onion; lime wedges; diced avocado or guacamole
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together chicken, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
To assemble, spread about 2 tablespoons of refried beans in the bottom of each shell. Top each shell with about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture and 2 tablespoons of cheese.
Arrange stuffed taco shells, standing up, in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tacos are heated through.
Garnish with optional toppings and serve.
Cooking Just for Two? Cut the ingredients in half and bake the chicken tacos in an 8-inch or 9-inch square dish.
Serving a Larger Crowd? Double the ingredients and use two large baking dishes to prepare twice as many tacos!
Serving: 1taco | Calories: 232.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 19.9g | Protein: 14.7g | Fat: 10.5g | Saturated Fat: 5.8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2.1g | Cholesterol: 37.6mg | Sodium: 557.1mg | Potassium: 107.9mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 1.3g