Apple Harvest Mason Jar Salads
Servings 4 salads
- For the Cider Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- For the Salads:
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or other greens of choice
- 8 ounces cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples diced
- Juice from ½ of a lemon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- 1 cup pecans coarsely chopped and toasted
- 4 quart-size mason jars
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup until completely combined.
Place a few tablespoons of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
Place diced apple in a small bowl and squeeze lemon over the bowl. Toss apple in lemon juice to coat (this will prevent browning).
Divide salad ingredients among the jars, layering in the following: chicken, apple, cranberries, cheese, pecans. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate up to 3 or 4 days.
When ready to serve, empty containers of the jar onto a large plate or bowl – the dressing will be on top! Toss to coat, if desired!
Serving: 1large salad | Calories: 625kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.5g | Protein: 22.5g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 8.7g | Cholesterol: 63.5mg | Sodium: 1024mg | Fiber: 7.3g | Sugar: 34g