Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs
With 10 minutes of prep and only 5 ingredients, Grilled Italian Sausage Kabobs are a quick and easy dinner recipe for busy summer nights!
Servings 4 people
- 1 14.4 ounce package Italian sausage, sliced horizontally into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sweet onion chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour (or metal skewers)
Preheat grill (or indoor grill pan) to medium-high heat. Thread sausage, bell peppers, and onion onto the skewers.
Brush skewers generously with Italian dressing. Grill over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and vegetables are tender. The sausage should reach an internal temperature of about 165F ( 73C) before you remove it from the grill.
Cooking Just for Two? This is an easy recipe to cut in half! If your sausages come in a pack of 4, just freeze two of them for a later date. You can use one bell pepper (pick red or green), and half of an onion. Cooking time will remain the same.
Want to Prep Ahead? I like to chop the vegetables and keep them in an airtight container with a damp paper towel for up to 3 days in advance. You can also chop the sausage ahead of time so that you only need to thread the kabobs while the grill heats up!
Serving: 1/4th of the recipe (including all of the dressing) | Calories: 433.6kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.5g | Protein: 18.9g | Fat: 34.5g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1095.6mg | Fiber: 1.8g | Sugar: 5.1g