Quick and Easy Banana Pudding
This simple, shortcut, easy banana pudding recipe is the ultimate prep-ahead, no-bake summer dessert!
Servings 9 servings
- 1 box vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 small (4-serving) box vanilla instant pudding mix (plus the milk called for on the package to prepare the pudding)
- 2 large ripe bananas, thinly sliced (plus extra for garnish)
- 4 ounces frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
Prepare pudding according to package instructions. Refrigerate and set aside.
Arrange vanilla wafer cookies in a single layer on the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. I used 24 cookies for each layer.
Use a spatula to spread half of the prepared pudding (approximately 1 cup) over the cookies.
Top pudding with a single layer of banana slices.
Repeat layers, starting with cookies.
Top final layer of banana slices with whipped topping. Refrigerate at least one hour (preferably closer to 4 hours), or until ready to serve. Just before serving, garnish with extra vanilla wafers and sliced banana, if desired.
For purposes of calculating nutrition information, I used sugar-free instant pudding mix and skim milk, as well as Lite Cool Whip. If you use other varieties of pudding and whipped topping, the nutrition facts will change.
- Use bananas that are ripe and sweet, but not overripe and mushy.
- Remember to thaw the Cool Whip in the refrigerator overnight before layering the dessert. Do not thaw Cool Whip on the counter at room temperature, because it has a tendency to "melt" and lose its fluffy consistency when it gets too warm.
- Make the banana pudding ahead so that it has at least 1 hour (but preferably closer to 4 hours) to chill in the refrigerator before serving. This will give the cookies time to soften and the layers will come together.
Serving: 1/9 of the recipe | Calories: 179.2kcal | Carbohydrates: 27.7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5.5g | Saturated Fat: 2.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.7g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.7g | Cholesterol: 3.3mg | Sodium: 210.4mg | Potassium: 128.2mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 12.4g