This Hallowine Sangria is a perfect spooky adult beverage for your Halloween party!
Servings 12 cups
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 bottles cabernet sauvignon (750 milliliters each) (or other red wine of choice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup orange liqueur (such as Grand Marnier or Triple Sec)
- 24 ounces club soda, chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, plus additional for garnish
Bring sugar and 1 ¼ cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
Combine sugar mixture, red wine, orange juice, and liqueur in a large container; cover and chill 4 hours. Stir in club soda, oranges, and blackberries just before serving. Serve over ice.
- Don't forget to allow plenty of time for the beverage to chill before your party (it's a great prep-ahead solution)!
- Wait to stir in the club soda, fruit, and ice just before serving. You don't want the ice to water down the sangria in advance.
- While I love how "spooky" the red wine looks, you can also make this sangria with white wine. Just make sure that you use orange and black fruit for that fun Halloween theme!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Sodium: 12mg | Potassium: 41mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 10.3mg | Calcium: 5mg