This light and fresh honey Lemon Vinaigrette is a simple way to dress up your salad greens -- with just 5 minutes and a few pantry staples!
Servings 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- ¾ cup olive oil
- For serving: salad greens
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified.
Place salad greens in a large bowl. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Drizzle with just enough dressing to moisten, toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- Store the lemon vinaigrette in a jar or other container with an airtight lid so that you can easily shake it up before using.
- You should refrigerate the vinaigrette to prevent the growth of bacteria or mold. The lemon vinaigrette will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. If you add extra fresh herbs, I would recommend keeping the vinaigrette for just 1 week.
- To maximize the amount of juice that you get from your fresh lemons, roll the lemon on the counter (pressing gently with your palm) before cutting and juicing.
- The amount of juice that you extract from 1 lemon will vary depending on the particular fruit; however, in general 1 lemon yields about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. As a result, you will need about 1 1/2 lemons for this recipe.
- For a creamy lemon vinaigrette, reduce the olive oil to 1/4 cup and use 1/4 cup of mayonnaise, sour cream or Greek yogurt. You can thin the dressing, as desired, with cream or half-and-half.
- For a stronger, more prominent lemon flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest to the dressing.
- Add your favorite fresh herbs to the dressing. Oregano, dill, chives, parsley or basil would all be delicious!
- For a sweeter dressing, use two tablespoons of honey.
Serving: 1tablespoon | Calories: 89.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.3g | Fat: 9.9g | Saturated Fat: 1.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7.1g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 4.9mg | Sugar: 1.1g