Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole
You only need 10 minutes of prep and one dish for this easy Dump-and-Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole. You don't even have to boil the pasta!
Servings 8 people
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked rotini pasta
- 22 oz jar Alfredo sauce (about 1 very large 22-ounce jar or 1 ½ 15-ounce jars) (approximately 2 ½ cups total)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups diced rotisserie chicken (or other diced cooked chicken)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend cheese)
- Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a large baking dish, stir together uncooked pasta, Alfredo sauce, chicken stock, chicken and garlic. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Uncover; give the pasta a good stir. At this point you should check the pasta to make sure that it is al dente (firm but with a tender bite). I have had good luck with the 30-minute cook time; however, some readers have noted that it required about 10 or 15 minutes longer. If it’s still too hard after 30 minutes, just cover the dish and return to the oven until pasta is al dente. Then move on to the next step.
Sprinkle mozzarella over the top. Bake uncovered for 8-10 more minutes (or until cheese is melted and pasta is tender).
Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or fresh chopped herbs, if desired.
- Pick a high-quality, flavorful Alfredo sauce (or make your own). With only 6 ingredients in the casserole, each individual ingredient is very important! A delicious sauce will yield a delicious meal. I like Rao's brand, but any similar variety will work.
- Total cooking time will vary depending on the type of pan that you use and your individual oven. Glass or ceramic baking dishes will take longer than metal pans, for instance. To know when your casserole is done, taste a bite of the pasta. The noodles should be tender and most of the liquid should be absorbed.
- Be careful not to overbake the casserole or the pasta will become mushy.
- Garnish the casserole with fresh herbs like basil or parsley for a bright, fresh touch. A sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese is also delicious!
Serving: 1/8 of the recipe | Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1026mg | Potassium: 221mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 191IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 1mg