Chicken Taco Mason Jar Salads
Delicious and easy chicken taco mason jar salad that are great for on the go lunches or picnics.
Servings 4 servings
For the dressing:
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt can substitute with mayonnaise or sour cream
- ½ cup taco sauce can substitute with your favorite salsa, but it will create a thicker and chunkier dressing, so you may need to thin it with a little bit of water or milk
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 12 ounces cooked diced Southwestern-seasoned chicken (I find this in the refrigerated section of my grocery store, but you can substitute with any cooked chicken that you season with a little bit of taco seasoning or southwest seasoning)
- 1 cup black beans from a 15-ounce can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn can use fresh, frozen, or canned & drained
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup 4 ounces Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 4 16 ounce/pint-size wide-mouth jars*
Whisk together dressing ingredients in a small bowl until completely combined.
Place an equal amount of dressing at the bottom of each jar.
Divide remaining ingredients among the jars, layering in the following order: chicken, black beans, corn, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. Twist on the top to seal your salads and refrigerate until ready to serve.
When you’re ready to eat, just dump the jar onto a large plate or bowl and enjoy!
*If you want extra room for even more lettuce at the top, I suggest bumping it up to a quart-size jar.
Variations & Tips For This Chicken Taco Salad
- Why not try adding some pickled jalapenos for a spicy kick
- Bell peppers would be a nice addition
- Try adding a few tortilla chips on top of the salad greens to act as croutons
- Add extra spices to the dressing such as chilli powder and paprika
- Remember to always add the salad dressing into the jar first followed by ingredients that won't go soft and get soggy such as vegetables and cheese.
- Always add the salad greens and any croutons last
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 58mg | Sodium: 1610mg | Potassium: 800mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 4840IU | Vitamin C: 9.7mg | Calcium: 403mg | Iron: 3mg