Enjoy all of the delicious, fresh zucchini from your garden in a simple and healthy Zucchini and Parmesan Baked Omelet — plus a handful of other easy zucchini recipes! This easy egg casserole is a quick prep-ahead breakfast, brunch, or dinner for the warm summer months!
Who doesn’t love a light, fluffy omelet?! But they’re kind of like pancakes — the end result is great, but the process can feel tedious. Standing at the stove flipping omelet after omelet to feed my hungry family is NOT my idea of a good time. I never quite get the flip right, the fillings fall out, it’s not cooked through the center, or I just end up with a pile of scrambled eggs!
When I was looking for some new zucchini recipes to enjoy the season’s produce, I instantly thought of adding them to one of my beloved baked omelets. Regular readers know that my Ham and Cheese Baked Omelet and my Baked Western Omelet have been some of my favorite go-to brunch recipes for years. They only require a few minutes to stir together, and then I pop the dish in the oven and my job is done. It’s such an easy and healthy way to serve eggs to a large group without micromanaging a skillet!
The flavors in this particular omelet were inspired by my classic Zucchini Pie. This is just a lighter version of that dish, and it’s equally versatile. You can enjoy my baked omelet warm out of the oven for brunch; bake it in advance and eat it at room temperature for supper with a side salad and toast; or keep it in the refrigerator and reheat it for breakfast on busy weekday mornings!
And since you can never have too many zucchini recipes, be sure to check out a few more of our favorites:
EASY ZUCCHINI RECIPES
- Chicken Penne Casserole with Corn and Zucchini
- Greek Yogurt Chocolate Zucchini Cake
- Grilled Garlic and Herb Pork Tenderloin with Zucchini and Corn
- Easy Zucchini and Squash Gratin
- Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Casserole
- Dump-and-Bake Zucchini Pizza Casserole
- Pesto Zucchini Lasagna Roll Ups
Zucchini and Parmesan Baked Omelet
Yield 4 servings
Enjoy all of the delicious, fresh zucchini from your garden in a simple and healthy Zucchini and Parmesan Baked Omelet -- plus a handful of other quick and easy zucchini recipes! This easy egg casserole is a quick prep-ahead breakfast, brunch, or dinner for the warm summer months!
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 small zucchini, finely diced (about 2 cups)
¼ cup finely diced onion
1 cup milk
½ teaspoon seasoned salt (such as Lawry’s)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley, thyme, and/or chives
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and onion and cook, stirring regularly, until tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, and seasoned salt in a large bowl. Stir in cooked zucchini, onion, and ¼ cup of Parmesan.
- Pour egg mixture into a greased 8-inch-square baking dish. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and omelet is set.
- Cut into squares and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
Cooking Just for Two? You can cut these ingredients in half and bake in individual ramekins or in a small gratin dish. Cooking time will be 35-40 minutes.
Want to Prep Ahead? You can bake this omelet in advance and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice and reheat individual portions in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, or in the oven or toaster oven until heated through. It also tastes great at room temperature!
Serving Size 1/4th of the recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.3 g
Saturated Fat 5.7 g
Cholesterol 382.2 mg
Sodium 632.1 mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.6 g
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 19.1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.