Homemade Chex Mix
A big batch of homemade Chex Mix makes the perfect Game Day snack, a great gift to share with neighbors at Christmas, or a flavorful party appetizer.
Servings 15 cups
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt, such as Lawry’s brand
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups small cheese crackers, such as Cheez-Its or Goldfish
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts
Preheat oven to 250°F. Line two rimmed baking sheets or roasting pans with parchment (or cover with aluminum foil and spritz with nonstick spray).
In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
In a large bowl, combine cheese crackers, Chex cereals, pretzels and peanuts.
Pour the melted butter mixture over top; toss to coat.
Spread the mixture evenly on the two prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour, stirring gently every 15 minutes, until toasted.
Cool completely, then package in airtight containers. The mixture will keep at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.
- Use unsalted butter since the mix contains plenty of salt from the seasoning salt, peanuts, pretzels, cheese crackers and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir the mix every 15 minutes while it's in the oven. This will help the ingredients toast evenly and will prevent individual pieces from burning.
- Use all three flavors of Chex cereal for the best taste. They look similar, but the rice, corn, and wheat varieties each have their own distinct flavor, which come together to create a delicious mix!
- Add fresh herbs at the end for an extra boost of flavor and a bright, fresh touch. Good options include parsley, thyme or rosemary.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 311IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 4mg