Cheddar Chive Beer Bread
This no-knead, no-yeast Cheddar Chive Beer Bread is the quickest, easiest, and tastiest loaf that you will ever prepare!
Servings 1 loaf (about 10 slices)
- 3 cups (339 g) self-rising flour
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle or can of beer
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch loaf pan (or a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan). Set aside.
In a large bowl, stir together flour, cheese and chives. Add the beer, 2 tablespoons of the melted butter, and the honey; stir just until combined. Do not over-mix.
Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Brush the top of the warm bread with the remaining 1 tablespoon of melted butter. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Properly measure the flour. Always spoon and level the flour or weigh it on a kitchen scale -- do not scoop it out of the package. Incorrectly measuring the flour packs it too tightly into the measuring cup and results in a dense, dry loaf of bread.
- Use a beer that you enjoy. Light beer is fine, non-alcoholic beer is fine, and a darker, more robust beer works well if you like a more prominently-flavored bread.
- Do not over-mix the dough. Stir just until combined -- a few lumps are fine. Over-mixing will result in a dry, dense, tough loaf of bread.
- Make sure that your self-rising flour is fresh. If the leavening agent in the self-rising flour is no longer effective, your bread will not rise.
- Brush the warm loaf of bread with melted butter. Just like with biscuits, the extra butter gives the loaf a moist, buttery flavor that's delicious!
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 61mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 219IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 1mg