Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
The perfect easy side dish! These Rosemary Roasted Potatoes are crispy and golden brown on the outside, tender on the inside, and full of savory garlic and herb flavor.
Servings 4 - 6 people
- 1 ¼ - 1 ½ lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment for easy cleanup.
In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, olive oil, garlic, rosemary and salt.
Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast the potatoes for 40-50 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside and fork tender. Stir the potatoes every 20 minutes so that they brown evenly. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Make sure that your potatoes are very dry before tossing them with the other ingredients. You don't want extra moisture on the potatoes or they will steam in the oven and won't be nearly as crispy.
- Cut the potatoes into uniform size pieces so that they cook evenly.
- Fresh rosemary is always best, but you can substitute with dried herbs in a pinch. If using dried rosemary, decrease the amount to about ½ teaspoon.
- Stir the potatoes every 15-20 minutes while they roast in order to achieve even browning.
- The total roasting time will vary depending on the size of your potato pieces and on how crispy you like them. They might be done in as little as 40 minutes, or they might require up to 1 hour. Just keep an eye on them and pull them out when they're just how you like them!
Serving: 1/6 of the potatoes | Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg