Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower with crispy garlic bread crumbs is a quick and easy side dish with just 10 minutes of prep!
Servings 4 people
- 1 small head cauliflower, trimmed and separated into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet or spritz with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, olive oil, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Roast for a total of about 20-30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Garnish with fresh parsley just before serving.
- Why is my roasted cauliflower mushy? Make sure that you don't overcrowd the pan. Roasting cauliflower florets too closely or in multiple layers will cause the vegetables to steam, cook unevenly, and have a mushy texture. Spread them out really well in a single layer so that they're caramelized and crispy.
- Use fresh cauliflower (not frozen) for the best texture.
- Adjust the cooking time to suit your preference. We love crispy, charred roasted cauliflower, so I tend to leave the cauliflower in the oven longer. If your kids don't want much char on the outside of the cauliflower, pull it out as soon as it's tender and lightly browned (after about 20 minutes).
- Add extra seasonings such red pepper flakes (for heat) or garnish with additional herbs such as basil, thyme, oregano or chives.
- While it's not my preference, you can roast frozen cauliflower florets in lieu of fresh. The final texture will not be quite as caramelized and crisp, though. If you choose to start with frozen florets, preheat the baking sheet in the oven and carefully add the frozen vegetables to the hot pan before roasting.
- Swap out the cauliflower and use broccoli instead.
- Panko bread crumbs will work in a pinch; however, I find that the larger panko crumbs don't adhere to the cauliflower as well as the finer bread crumbs.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the roasted cauliflower just before serving.
- Scale the recipe up or down to suit the size of your family. For instance, you can easily double the ingredients and roast the cauliflower on two separate baking sheets.
Serving: 1/4 of the recipe | Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Vitamin C: 69mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 1mg